Lost my Fierefox session

Upgraded to version 35 of firefox on OpenSuse 13.1, and now Firefox refuses to open or even remember my last session.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I have openSUSE 13.1 and is has Firefox 34.0.5. I can find no newer one in the Update repo.

MMy conclusion: you have installed it from outside the standard repos. Then please tell where you got it from.

I am guessing mozilla:beta repo. I use that one and it has Firefox 35.

Guessing is not a good starting point for helping with computer problems :frowning:

build.opensuse.org/mozilla

“OpenSuse Build Service - Mozilla” is considered a non-standard repo?

Itt is not the “official” 13.2 release. That does not mean that you can not use it, but when having problems it is of course very nice when you at least tell what you use and from where you got it when it deviates from the “standard”. Most people here are not clairvoyant.

I am still using opensuse 13.1

going back go version 33.0 from the opensuse updates repository restores the session restore functionality for me.

I hate using an outdated version of a browser. On the other hand I’m the person who always has 16 tabs in 4 windows open.

EDIT: also, the blank tab page that shows your most commonly visited sites does not work on the newer version.
I’m using noscript.

Sorry for my typo. I wanted to say 13.1, but because there is no difference between the Firefox versions for the two (both are supported openSUSE versions and thus get the same security updates), it does not realy matter. Read 13.1 where I typed 13.2 and all the rest stays the same.

I am a little amazed that you now use a Firefox 33 version from the Update repo. As I mentioned above 34.0.5 is the most recent version in Update. Going to 33.0 is a bit overdone IMHO.

In any case, next time that you do a zypper patch (or YaST Online Update) you will get that one (or a newer).

You misunderstand. 34.0.5 is also broken and will not remember sessions for me.

Can you at least show us the output from

rpm -qi MozillaFirefox

There was a problem for some moving to 34.05. There is some apparent problems with some older configuration files. I had to essential save the current fonfig then bring the files over to the new one at at time until I found the broken one.

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/503440-Firefox-V34-on-OpenSuSE-13-1-x64-loses-sessions?highlight=firefox

You will find the configs in your home ~/.mozilla/firefox

Absolutely. This is the latest version that works properly.

Name : MozillaFirefox
Version : 33.0
Release : 46.2
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Fri 16 Jan 2015 11:37:07 PM EST
Group : Productivity/Networking/Web/Browsers
Size : 79435469
License : MPL-2.0
Signature : RSA/SHA256, Sun 02 Nov 2014 06:08:39 AM EST, Key ID b88b2fd43dbdc284
Source RPM : MozillaFirefox-33.0-46.2.src.rpm
Build Date : Fri 24 Oct 2014 08:47:59 AM EDT
Build Host : cloud121
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org
Vendor : openSUSE
URL : http://www.mozilla.org/
Summary : Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
Description :
Mozilla Firefox is a standalone web browser, designed for standards
compliance and performance. Its functionality can be enhanced via a
plethora of extensions.
Distribution: openSUSE 13.1

THANK YOU!

I KNEW I couldn’t be the only one to have encountered this, but somehow I missed this thread while searching. I’ll create a new profile and move one file at a time I guess. Seems like a pain, but at least it’s a solution going forward.

Yep it is a pain. be interesting to see what file breaks it for you it has not been consistent.

Well. I looked into how to start Firefox’s Profile manager, and found myself on this page:

Clicking the “reset firefox” button on the page fixed things for me. Simply and easily. Wow.

Thanks for the resolution. Resetting Firefox enabled me using Firefox 35.0-54.2 from http://download.opensuse.org/update/13.1/. Previousely only Firefox 34.0.5-50.3 was able to restore my Tabs.