Installing Citrix Receiver in OpenSuse 13.2 (64 bits)

The first step is obviously to install the Citrix receiver in your machine. You can find the version 13.1 here:

http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/receiver-linux-13-1/linux-install.html

Citrix does not provide 64-bit RPM packages for non-Debian systems, so you should download the tarball (.tar.gz) file. Citrix’s documentation is very straightforward, so just follow it.

Most may access their Citrix through the browser. Then you have to tell the browser that ica files are run by the receiver executable. From the notes in http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/receiver-linux-13-1/linux-conns-create.html create the .mailcap file in your home directory and add the following line:

**application/x-ica; /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica.sh %s; x-mozilla-flags=plugin:Citrix ICA **

Also create (or modify) the .mime.types file in your home directory and include the following line:

application/x-ica ica

At this moment Firefox should recognize the ICA file and call the receiver executable.

One additional note is that the Citrix receiver still relies on 32 bit libraries of the X Windows system (X11 libraries). Your openSuse obviously has 64-bit libraries, so the following are the 32-bit libraries to install: libX11, libXext, libXrender, libXinerama, libgthread, libgtk.

Once you complete these steps you should be able to connect to the Citrix server and access your resources via Firefox. There is still an error that shows up in the command line window:

Error: 4 (E_missing_argument). This does not impede your receiver to run, but if you’re interested more information can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/thinstation/mailman/thinstation-developer/thread/B62A34BF8226A3428F2CA10C5434EF5612888C94@sv0023/

Certificates errors

Your browser may have connection problems. If you see the following message or similar:

**You have not chosen to trust "XXXXX Certification Authority", the issuer of the server's security certifcate (SSL error 61)** 

then the receiver does not have the root certificate. In this case your simply point the browser root store to the receiver’s with a symbolic link. In openSuse-64 the certificate store is located at /usr/share/pki/trust/. Then do the following (from root):

**# ln -s /usr/share/pki/trust/ /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/**

You should rehash the new certificates so the receiver can use it:

**# c_rehash /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/**

If the message (SSL error 61) continues it means that Firefox does not have the root certificate from the CA your server uses. There could be also a mismatch between your server’s certificate name and the public certificate in the Firefox certificate store.

This problem appears to be widespread , but apparently the issue is that many certificates have the an underscore “_” in their name instead of blank space. List the .pem files in the directory to look for the one that Firefox says you don’t trust, and if it is there then there is a problem with the certificate.

In either case download the certificate from the CA root store and install it in /usr/share/pki/trust (most times you find the certificates by googling “'CA name (i.e. Verisign) root certificate.”

You have to rehash the new certificate in the Firefox root store:

**# c_rehash /usr/share/pki/trust/**

Now you should be able to connect to your Citrix server :wink:

Hi calvini03

Thanks for sharing that information here, but as this is not a request for help, it belongs in our Unreviewed-How-To-and-FAQ forum, so I’ll move it accordingly.

Moved from the Virtialization forum.

Here is how I installed the needed 32bit libs in openSuse 13.2:

zypper in libXinerama1-32bit libgthread-2_0-0-32bit libgtk-2_0-0-32bit

Since end of June version 13.2 of Citrix Receiver is available with full 64bit support.
I’ve added this version as package ICAClient to my home project in obs to resolve
all needed dependencies during install.
As the 64bit version has other dependencies than the 32bit version, I’ve also added
package libheimdal (only the libs of Heimdal).

Packages can be found here:

libheimdal
ICAClient

[QUOTE=enzokiel;2725989]

Hi everybody

I’m using opensuse 13.2 and the ICAClient 13.2 from the repository of enzokiel (libheimdal already installed).

My problem is that when I connect to my remote desktop, I can see it but I’m not able to interact or do anything with it…it is stucked from the first moment. If I want to close the connection, I receive the message “wfica is not responding”.

Did anybody already had this problem? Do you have some ideas on what I can check?
How can I debug it to have more information about what’s going wrong?

Thanks in advance if someone can help!

Hi DanieleF

This is a ‘How To’ forum. It is not for requesting help about a particular problem. Please start your own thread with suitable title in the Applications forum.