What a nice new feature - please fix this bug

I keep it short:
Sometimes, my screen suddenly shows pink and other-coloured stripes [they go vertical and have a horizontal break all al one line] and then nothing works. So I “pick it off” (german: den PC abschießen) * and the computer forgot that I used it since the last savings. For me, this bug is quite scary.

Thanks in advance.*

I haven’t seen anything like this on any of my 13.2 systems.

But this sounds like a hardware or graphics driver issue. (overheating maybe?)

What graphics card/driver are you using?

And what exactly do you mean with “the computer forgot that I used it since the last savings”?

Why would you want to fix something awesome like that - pink stuff on screen is always a good sign as any VMware ESX admin would know

I don’t think it’s overheating because I haven’t changed anything with my workplace for over 20 months and this appears since I changed from openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2. Today was the ~4th time this happened.

“the computer forgot that I used it since the last savings” means: I work with office e.g. and my screen crashes (the rest doesn’t work/react either, at least the CD drive) then I reboot and I open office again. It shows me a message saying something like “I noticed that office crashed, let’s try rebuilding what you typed in this document.” But this doesn’t work although office thinks it worked.

My “YaST2 - Hardware Information” says:
Framebuffer Device -> Intel(r) 82945G Chipset Family Graphics Controller -> Model+Device: Intel(r) 82945G Chipset Family Graphics Controller; Subvendor: Intel(r) 82945G Chipset Family Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS Does this help? (I’m reall ybad at learning names, SORRY!)

My PC is a emachines EL1600 everything original (except the screen, but it’s too old and worked too well for being the problem).

You’ve posted in the wrong forum if you are actually asking for help. It’s obviously a graphics related-issue, so start a new thread (with a better title) in the hardware forum if that is the case.*

I thought I could post an image file here to show how this looks like.
I think this thread can be deleted. (Unfortunately, I don’t find the button for that :frowning: )

This thread is CLOSED. Those who want to post, please wait until a new thread in the correct place with a good title is started by trhe OP.