Thread: Print to File dialogue default directory, is it configurable?

Default Print to File dialogue default directory, is it configurable?

Using OpenSUSE 13.1, KDE4

From time to time I need to print a file to PDF.
    This is easy enough, I just open the file and use the print dialogue, which I assume is provided by KDE.
    There is no PDF printer configured in CUPS.

The only problem is that the print dialogue defaults to print the file in my home directory.
    I would prefer it to default to my Documents directory, but I have been unable to find where this is configured.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

Default Re: Print to File dialogue default directory, is it configurable?

To the right of the directory/filename listed when you select Print to file, there is a button with three dots on it; click on it and you can select another directory/filename.

Quote Originally Posted by john_hudson View Post
    To the right of the directory/filename listed when you select Print to file, there is a button with three dots on it; click on it and you can select another directory/filename.
    Yes, I know. That's what I've beeen doing.
    What I want to do is change the default from "/home/john" to a different directory.

Somewhere there is a configuration file or environment variable where this defrault can be configured, but I can't find it.
    Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

Neither can I; I suggest you ask the question on https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=251

Yes, I have asked the question on the kde forum. Haven't had any luck there either.