Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

  1. #1

    Question Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    I have been waiting since 23rd of December for Kodi (new name of XBMC) to show up in OpenSUSE but nothing has happened. Does anyone know why it hasn't been added or if it will be? Regards

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,043

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 22:16:02 +0000, opensuse38 wrote:

    > I have been waiting since 23rd of December for Kodi (new name of XBMC)
    > to show up in OpenSUSE but nothing has happened. Does anyone know why it
    > hasn't been added or if it will be? Regards


    Where are you looking, and what version of openSUSE?

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    Hi hendersj,
    I have searched the standard repositories included in 13.2 x64, Packman and also using Google. It seems that almost every major distro has it in repositories but not OpenSuse and I can't find a precompiled tar to download. Regards.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    where I am is where I am
    Posts
    1,160

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    As one who uses the XBMC soon to be KODI I've been looking forward to it too. The Packman guys are working on it.
    As you may know there are some new features to XBMC/KODI incorporation of these into Opensuse has had some problems. The people working on it at Packman are volunteers like us here in the forums. I know you probably hate hearing this as much as I do but be patient!!
    It's coming!!
    We are what we think.
    All that we are arises with our thoughts.
    With our thoughts we make the world.

    My 64 bit: Gateway 5670 UPDATED | RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,043

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 07:36:01 +0000, opensuse38 wrote:

    > Hi hendersj,
    > I have searched the standard repositories included in 13.2 x64, Packman
    > and also using Google. It seems that almost every major distro has it in
    > repositories but not OpenSuse and I can't find a precompiled tar to
    > download. Regards.


    As Sagemta indicates, this is hosted by Packman (it wouldn't be hosted by
    the project itself on software.opensuse.org because of codec licensing
    issues - same reason other proprietary multimedia codecs aren't part of
    the stock distro). Sounds like the Packman folks are working on it.

    I wouldn't expect a precompiled tar to be produced.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  6. #6

    Thumbs up Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    Kodi 14 is available now! Thank you guys!

    I was not criticising any of you with my question. I was just curious and anxious.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    Update:

    Kodi doesn't start. I get almost the same error (just different paths and lines) as in this post but it doesn't get solved by installing xdpyinfo. Any idea what might be the problem? I am using OpenSUSE 13.2 x64.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,004

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    Quote Originally Posted by opensuse38 View Post
    Update:

    Kodi doesn't start. I get almost the same error (just different paths and lines) as in this post but it doesn't get solved by installing xdpyinfo. Any idea what might be the problem? I am using OpenSUSE 13.2 x64.
    Since I didn't have a 13.2 installation, I set it up in a VM and installed Kodi. After the installation and upon launch it complained about UnboundLocalError: local variable 'bitDepth' referenced before assignment. Simply installing xdpyinfo resolved this problem.

    What error message does it output upon launching it (kodi) from a terminal?
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,043

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 21:56:01 +0000, opensuse38 wrote:

    > Kodi 14 is available now! Thank you guys!
    >
    > I was *not* criticising any of you with my question. I was just curious
    > and anxious.


    I don't think anyone took it as criticism.

    It takes some time for packages to be updated, as maintainers need to do
    some work, and there are too few maintainers.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,043

    Default Re: Kodi 14 not available. Reason?

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:26:02 +0000, opensuse38 wrote:

    > Update:
    >
    > Kodi doesn't start. I get almost the same error (just different paths
    > and lines) as in 'this post' (http://tinyurl.com/nt7g4qt) but it doesn't
    > get solved by installing xdpyinfo. Any idea what might be the problem? I
    > am using OpenSUSE 13.2 x64.


    Sounds like a good subject for a new thread.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •