Thread: keepassx won't open database on a remote share in OpenSuse 13.2

Question keepassx won't open database on a remote share in OpenSuse 13.2

Hi,

I used Keepass to manage all of my passwords across all of my devices. I do this by keeping the database on a cloud based storage solution that all of my devices can access. All of this was working fine on OpenSuse 13.1. I then did a new installation on a laptop of OpenSuse 13.2. I ran into a couple of different problems:

1. I installed Keepass from the Mono project from http://software.opensuse.org/package/keepass. There was no install listed for 13.2 so I used the 13.1 version. While it installed fine, it would not actually run. So, I then installed keepassx. It runs fine, however:
    2. keepassx will not open a database on a remote share. It specifically states that error when you try it.

On another system that runs 13.1, I have the cloud storage manually mounted via dav2fs (webdav). It works fine using the Mono port of Keepass for 13.1 I don't know if manually mounting it is why it works or if it's because of the different version of Keepass. Before I start manually configuring and setting up the mount manually to find out the issue would remain with keepassx, I'm wondering if anyone has insight into this?

Thanks.

Default Re: keepassx won't open database on a remote share in OpenSuse 13.2

Install mono-complete, xdotool.

Default Re: keepassx won't open database on a remote share in OpenSuse 13.2

Quote Originally Posted by davermont View Post
    Install mono-complete, xdotool.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try. In the meantime, I've found a slightly less convenient solution. I used the network config wizard to access the cloud drive that has the password database on it. Then with Dolphin I open that file and I tell it to open with KeePass. Dolphin then copies the file to a tmp directory locally and if I make changes, it uploads the file back after I close KeePass. Not quite as good as editing directly but workable for now.

BTW - Regarding the problem that 13.1 install of keepass wouldn't run on 13.2, I solved that problem by creating a link to the library that it was complaining about when I started it and it then worked. Since that time, someone else has built a version for 13.2. However, it also has the same problem and required the link for it to work.

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions to all.