Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kwin infinite loop 100% load

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Erlangen
    Posts
    1,118

    Default Kwin infinite loop 100% load

    With three graphical logins one user's backgroup kwin grabs 100% cpu. Messages from .xsession-errors-:1 are:
    Code:
    file:///usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/devicenotifier.qml:224:13: QML QDeclarativeListView_QML_63: Bei der Fülloperation wurde eine potentielle Endlosschleife der Anker festgestellt.
    ... repeated 7 times
    Endlosschleife=infinite loop. Any idea?
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

  2. #2

    Default Re: Kwin infinite loop 100% load

    Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    With three graphical logins one user's backgroup kwin grabs 100% cpu. Messages from .xsession-errors-:1 are:
    Code:
    file:///usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/devicenotifier.qml:224:13: QML QDeclarativeListView_QML_63: Bei der Fülloperation wurde eine potentielle Endlosschleife der Anker festgestellt.
    ... repeated 7 times
    Endlosschleife=infinite loop. Any idea?
    That's irrelevant and not related to kwin at all. It's coming from Plasma's notification applet, it's "normal" and shouldn't cause such a problem.

    Does the same happen if you disable desktop effects?
    In recovery mode?

    As it's only happening for one user, maybe try to remove the user's configuration (~/.kde4/share/config, or try to remove/rename the whole ~/.kde4).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Erlangen
    Posts
    1,118

    Default Re: Kwin infinite loop 100% load

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Does the same happen if you disable desktop effects? In recovery mode? As it's only happening for one user, maybe try to remove the user's configuration (~/.kde4/share/config, or try to remove/rename the whole ~/.kde4).
    I had already moved ~/.kde4, started with a pristine directory and still got 100% load after some time. Currently I have disabled desktop effects and wait. What does "recovery mode" mean?
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,769

    Default Re: Kwin infinite loop 100% load

    recover is in the advanced boot option . it boot with simpler video drivers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Erlangen
    Posts
    1,118

    Default Re: Kwin infinite loop 100% load

    Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    recover is in the advanced boot option . it boot with simpler video drivers
    Hm, when loggiing out from KDE I found some orphan mysqld, killed that, restored original .kde4, logged in again and tried the following:
    Code:
    akonadictl stop
    nepomukctl stop
    find . -name akonadi* -exec rm -r {} \;
    find . -name nepomuk* -exec rm -r {} \;
    Now load average is typically: 0,04, 0,26, 0,36 and some cpu 97.4% idle with other users having their servers still running.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •