Copy and paste pastes wrong content.

All of a sudden copy and paste has ceased to work correctly. If I highlight text and hit ctrl+insert, the highlighted text goes to the top of the clipboard as shown in klipper (I am using KDE 4.14.3 under 13.2). However, when I hit shift+insert, some previous entry in the clipboard will be pasted. For example, I just highlighted the word “highlighted” and hit ctrl+insert. The clipboard widget shows it at the top of the clipboard. I will now hit shift+insert. Here’s the result: “one”. The word “one” happens to be the fifth entry down as shown by klipper. If I open klipper and highlight the top entry, it does insert that entry. For example: “highlighted”. “Highlighted” of course is the word at the top of the clipboard as it is the last thing I did a ctrl+insert on. As far as I know this started after an update this weekend.

Is there a cure?

One addition: cut (shift+del) and paste works correctly. Shift+del both puts the word in klipper and with shift+insert retrieves it properly. It is only copy and paste that doesn’t work.

It’s hard to guess what is going wrong.

Normally, it works for me.

However, if I use “konqueror” or “rekonq” to read the forum, and I try to paste into the forum, then it all goes haywire. But if I tell “konqueror” to pretend that it is “firefox”, then it work properly. There’s some sort of forum bug causing that (may flawed javascript).

But I don’t know if your problem was with the forum, so it might be unrelated. Or maybe there’s some other software that is similarly messing things up.

Right click Klipper select configure check shortcuts and actions and see if things are set as you want/think they are.

Further to this, check Configure Klipper > ‘Selection and Clipboard’ (eg Synchronize contents of the clipbaord and the selection’).

https://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-workspace/klipper/clipboard-modes.html

I apologize in advance if I’m on the wrong track here :slight_smile: