Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the JavaLoader?

Default Where is the JavaLoader?

Does anyone know where I can find the JavaLoader? My LibreOffice Base database is practically useless without it because I cannot print a report.

The problem exists under the OpenSuse 13.2, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
    Build ID: 430m0(Build:2), Gnome 3.14.1, but it worked perfectly well under OpenSuse 13.1. . I submitted bug 906688 but nothing has happened yet, but I cannot believe it is a big issue, since it worked perfectly in the past.

Surely the JavaLoader must be in the package somewhere and all I need to do is point to it? Does anyone have a clue?

Cheers
    Harvey

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where is the JavaLoader?

I don't know how this JavaLoader component is supposed to work, but it's possible someone already has reported this.
    Inspect the following bug, if you think it applies to you also, add some detail about your situation (ie. still exists in final release, which KDE you're running, etc). If your situation is different, open a new bug.

https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=906688

TSU

Default AW: Re: Where is the JavaLoader?

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    I don't know how this JavaLoader component is supposed to work, but it's possible someone already has reported this.
    Inspect the following bug, if you think it applies to you also, add some detail about your situation (ie. still exists in final release, which KDE you're running, etc). If your situation is different, open a new bug.

https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=906688
    It was in fact him who reported that bug.
    Have a look at the names...

Blog Entries

How 'bout that...

Still, it might be useful to update the bug to indicate it still exists in the final release...

TSU

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    How 'bout that...

Still, it might be useful to update the bug to indicate it still exists in the final release...

TSU
    Yes, I submitted that bug report recently against the final release. I cannot really believe that it is such a difficult issue...am somehow hoping someone will tell me it is in one of the development packages or add-on or whatever. I am also not aware of any 'movement' on the bug report and have otherwise had no feedback at all yet. Seems I will have to dream on....oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by hnimmo View Post
    Yes, I submitted that bug report recently against the final release. I cannot really believe that it is such a difficult issue...am somehow hoping someone will tell me it is in one of the development packages or add-on or whatever. I am also not aware of any 'movement' on the bug report and have otherwise had no feedback at all yet. Seems I will have to dream on....oh well...
    Could it be that Opensuse (Mariadb/Libreoffice) is getting into a rights issue with Oracle regarding the JavaLoader and/or LibreOffice Base Report Builder? LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice and Mariadb is a fork of Mysql; both OpenOffice and Mysql are owned by Oracle, having been obtained during the Sun takeover. As I understand it, the LibreOffice Base Report Builder is based on Oracle's own database report builder.

And the fact is there is no response yet on the bug (906688) and no-one is suggesting any workarounds, although the problem did not exist before Opensuse 13.2. I am beginning to get worried, since my database is currently practically unusable as I cannot execute any of my existing reports in LibreOffice Base. (i.e. the bug is rather 'critical' than 'just' 'major')

What could we do If Oracle were trying to put a spanner in the works, i.e. this problem becomes insoluble?

Cheers
    Harvey

What could we do If Oracle were trying to put a spanner in the works, i.e. this problem becomes insoluble?
    Oracle is involved neither in LibreOffice, nor in MariaDB, nor in OpenJDK, so I doubt that this is the case.
    And the problem also exists if you don't use MariaDB, but a LibreOffice native database.

But maybe it might be worth it to try with Oracle's Java...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Oracle is involved neither in LibreOffice, nor in MariaDB, nor in OpenJDK, so I doubt that this is the case.
    ...except that, as I understand it, the Base Report Builder seems to be derived from/similar to Oracle's database report builder.

And the problem also exists if you don't use MariaDB, but a LibreOffice native database..
    ...good point; so only the question about the Base Report Builder remains, i.e. is the Report Builder perhaps being blocked because of rights issues?

But maybe it might be worth it to try with Oracle's Java.
    ...jdk-8u25-linux-x64 from Oracle doesn't seem to work either.

...good point; so only the question about the Base Report Builder remains, i.e. is the Report Builder perhaps being blocked because of rights issues?
    No idea.
    I plan to investigate a bit tomorrow. (it's too late here now already)
    But I have no idea yet how to debug this.

...jdk-8u25-linux-x64 from Oracle doesn't seem to work either.
    Ok. Another thing that's probably worth a try is to test whether the problem also exists with the packages from libreoffice.org.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 28-Dec-2014 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Ok. Another thing that's probably worth a try is to test whether the problem also exists with the packages from libreoffice.org.
    hmmm...this does not seem such a good idea for someone who doesn't know what he is doing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast