Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the JavaLoader?

Default Re: Where is the JavaLoader?

Quote Originally Posted by hnimmo View Post
    hmmm...this does not seem such a good idea for someone who doesn't know what he is doing!
    Why?
    libreoffice.org offers pre-built RPM packages. Just remove openSUSE's libreoffice packages, download them and follow the instructions.
    I had no problem whatsoever with that when I last tried it.

PS: You don't have to try that yourself. I'm downloading those packages right now...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 29-Dec-2014 at 06:57.

FYI, reports seem to work fine with the 4.3.5.2 packages from libreoffice.org.
    So either the problem is specific to the openSUSE packages, or it got fixed between 4.3.3 and 4.3.5.

If you want to install them: extract the archive, cd to the RPMS directory and run "sudo rpm -Uvh *.rpm".
    They should work fine, and may be a workaround for you (until the cause is found and fixed).

But the desktop integration does not quite work like with the openSUSE packages. I get KDE3 file dialogs here in KDE4...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 29-Dec-2014 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    FYI, reports seem to work fine with the 4.3.5.2 packages from libreoffice.org.
    So either the problem is specific to the openSUSE packages, or it got fixed between 4.3.3 and 4.3.5.

If you want to install them: extract the archive, cd to the RPMS directory and run "sudo rpm -Uvh *.rpm".
    They should work fine, and may be a workaround for you (until the cause is found and fixed).

But the desktop integration does not quite work like with the openSUSE packages. I get KDE3 file dialogs here in KDE4...
    Great work, wolfi323. Yes, I had tried that ("sudo rpm -Uvh *.rpm" in the RPMS directory) and wondered why I didn't get 4.3.5 on starting LibreOffice. I did not feel confident enough to de-install 4.3.3 only then to discover that 4.3.5 would not work with my OS+Gnome.

Great work, wolfi323. Yes, I had tried that ("sudo rpm -Uvh *.rpm" in the RPMS directory) and wondered why I didn't get 4.3.5 on starting LibreOffice.
    You need to type "libreoffice4.3" to start the upstream version.
    The menu entries will still point to the openSUSE version.
    The upstream packages do create their own menu entries labelled "LibreOffice 4.3 xxx" though.

That said, maybe it's not even necessary to remove openSUSE's version, the upstream packages install to /opt/libreoffice43. I haven't tried with the openSUSE packages installed though.

You need to type "libreoffice4.3" to start the upstream version.
    The menu entries will still point to the openSUSE version.
    The upstream packages do create their own menu entries labelled "LibreOffice 4.3 xxx" though.

That said, maybe it's not even necessary to remove openSUSE's version, the upstream packages install to /opt/libreoffice43. I haven't tried with the openSUSE packages installed though.
    I have installed LibreOffice 4.3.5 now and I have the same JavaLoader error

Cheers
    Harvey

I have installed LibreOffice 4.3.5 now and I have the same JavaLoader error
    You mean the openSUSE update to 4.3.5 that has been released today?
    As I said, it worked fine with 4.3.5 from libreoffice.org.

I have removed those now and installed openSUSE's packages again (4.3.5 now), and the error reappeared.

You mean the openSUSE update to 4.3.5 that has been released today?
    As I said, it worked fine with 4.3.5 from libreoffice.org.

I have removed those now and installed openSUSE's packages again (4.3.5 now), and the error reappeared.
    Yes, in fact the version I reported above where the JavaLoader problem reappeared is the one from OpenSuse. I previously had difficulties linking the LibreOffice Base 4.3.5 version from the Libreoffice site to my MariaDB backend, so I had to give up and return to Opensuse, which now installs its LibreOffice version 4.3.5 with the JavaLoader problem...

Default AW: Re: Where is the JavaLoader?

Yes, in fact the version I reported above where the JavaLoader problem reappeared is the one from OpenSuse.
    I know.
    But this problem seems to be specific to the openSUSE packages then.

I previously had difficulties linking the LibreOffice Base 4.3.5 version from the Libreoffice site to my MariaDB backend, so I had to give up and return to Opensuse, which now installs its LibreOffice version 4.3.5 with the JavaLoader problem...
    I reinstalled the packages from libreoffice.org again (this time without removing the openSUSE packages).
    At first I wasn't able to connect to MariaDB either. But then I found this extension:
    http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ex...tive-connector
    After downloading and installing this, connecting to MariaDB works fine. (choose Connect to an existing database->MySQL->Connect directly)
    And reports do work as well.

There's just no KDE4 integration, as mentioned.

Default Re: AW: Re: Where is the JavaLoader?

I know.
    But this problem seems to be specific to the openSUSE packages then.

I reinstalled the packages from libreoffice.org again (this time without removing the openSUSE packages).
    At first I wasn't able to connect to MariaDB either. But then I found this extension:
    http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ex...tive-connector
    After downloading and installing this, connecting to MariaDB works fine. (choose Connect to an existing database->MySQL->Connect directly)
    And reports do work as well.

There's just no KDE4 integration, as mentioned.
    ...but the related OpenSuse bug 906688 has not even been confirmed yet... ...are we missing some step in the process?

...but the related OpenSuse bug 906688 has not even been confirmed yet... ...are we missing some step in the process?
    It is confirmed now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast