How to restart Korganizer?

Hi,
From last start of the desktop openSUSE 13.1 (KDE 4.11) the icon (picture) of Korganizer on screen is different and don’t works.

And on /home/UserN/**.**kde4/share/apps/korganizer there is:
designer/
korganizerui.rc
std.ics
std.ics~

Thank you,
PV

Recommend before anything else to be sure you’ve fully updated your system. If you haven’t done so, run the following in a console

zypper update

If that doesn’t work, then

1. Search your syslog bootup for anything that might be related to korganizer
    You can scroll through your syslog backwards (newest first) with the following
journalctl -r
  1. If you can’t find anything useful or don’t understand what you may be seeing,
    a. Maybe post your journal to a pastebin for inspection
    b. Post an image of the changed icon (sometimes that can provide a hint)

TSU

And in addition:

Which icon do you mean exactly? How is it different?
What do you mean with "don’t works? I.e. what are you trying to do, what do you expect to happen, what happens instead?

By choosing Korganizer in the K-menu, or typing “korganizer” in a Konsole window.
You have to quit/kill it first though if it is running already. But KOrganizer does not create any icon in the system tray, so it probably is not running at all.

PS: korganizer’s messages will not go to the journal or syslog at all. Unless you use GDM as display manager, they should go to ~/.xsession-errors-:0 (for the first Xsession).
But there’s no need to post that whole file at the moment. If you try to run it in Konsole, you would see it’s messages directly anyway. You could post those then.

The widget on screen is similar to :
https://www.kde.org/images/icons/categories/system_48.png

korganizer.desktop

Icon (widget) configuration is :
placed in : /usr/share/applications/kde4
size : 0 bytes
and nothing in Access (no user, group or others), nothing in Informatio or in the last option of the Icon configuration.

Usually clicking on the icon started Korganizer. Now nothing happens.
The first time (some months ago) unblocking the graphic properties of the screen, and using the mouse I ‘moved’ de the Korganizer from the Menu to the screen where it workded correctly.

Typing “korganizer” in a Konosole window, as ‘su’ or ‘user’, the answer is

If 'korganizer' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
    cnf korganizer

In apps/korganizer the files are:

:~/.kde4/share/apps/korganizer> ls -la
total 28
drwxr-xr-x  3 usr users 4096 12  09:19 .
drwxr-xr-x 47 usr users 4096  2  18:23 ..
drwx------  3 usr users 4096  1  16:19 designer
-rw-r--r--  1 usr users 7577  6  09:05 korganizerui.rc
-rw-r--r--  1 usr users  973 12  09:19 std.ics
-rw-r--r--  1 usr users 1868 12  09:19 std.ics~

Nothing happened with

zypper update

If the data is saved, probably is better to reinstal korganizer. Is my data the files I named before? How to reinstal?
Thanks
PV

Well check it is still there. in Yast-software management search for korganizer be sure it is installed perhaps force reinstall. Maybe it was damaged in some why. Note that the data is stored in you home so reinstalling is no big deal. Also you might check the properties of the icon/shortcut by right clicking and selecting properties make sure it still points to the right file.

So you created a launcher on the desktop?

Typing “korganizer” in a Konosole window, as ‘su’ or ‘user’, the answer is

If 'korganizer' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
    cnf korganizer

You should not run it as root (via ‘su’), this won’t work.
But if the command is not found at all, this would indicate that you already uninstalled it for some reason.
This would also explain why your icon looks “different” now, as the icon image has been removed as well.

Install korganizer again, either via YaST->Software Management or:

sudo zypper in korganizer

Nothing happened with

zypper update

“zypper update” only updates installed packages. It does not install packages that are not installed, and apparently korganizer is not installed.

If the data is saved, probably is better to reinstal korganizer. Is my data the files I named before? How to reinstal?

That std.ics file is your calendar.
For how to install it again, see above.

If you get errors, please post them.
In that case your repo list would be helpful too:

zypper lr -d

You are right.

Just to installing it.

Thank you!!

•                        rotfl! 

PV