Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Horrified by 13.2's aquamarine theme -- want 13.1's lime-green theme

Default Re: Horrified by 13.2's aquamarine theme -- want 13.1's lime-green theme

normally I just mount my home partition and all is well (although that doesn't change boot and login screen). It just happened that this time I had to clear my .kde4 folder and reconfigure everything. I have trouble achieving what I had. Combine this with a buggy kde workspace customization (try changing only the clock style) and you have frustration

When I compare this experience to the 13.1 VM I configured a few months, it didn't take any effort at all, i could basically almost use the default and it looked nice and elegant. I think it was caused by the nice susy KDE colorscheme which aligned with the default wallpaper (which imo is one the best in years).

example of a vm:
    http://snag.gy/UMPQq.jpg

If opensuse insist on giving the distro a new look on each release, maybe they could consider keeping the old themes available too? It seems like a pity to ditch a nice theme after 9 months just because there needs to be a new one. I guess it can give the artist also more satisfaction if he knows his favorite theme can live on. Even just posting on kde-look.org would help. I tried looking it up there but that site's search is a jungle.

I know, it's a rant ignore me

Default Re: Horrified by 13.2's aquamarine theme -- want 13.1's lime-green theme

I just discovered a repo by this awesome dude on the OBS that contains the 13.1 branding for opensuse 13.2!
    https://build.opensuse.org/project/s...t:branding-131

just add the repo and install everything (except plasma5 packages if you don't use that)

the only silly thing is that grub shows "13.1" so you might want to skip the grub package too

I first only installed the plymouth theme. in that case, you have to run "plymouth-set-default-theme -R openSUSE-13.1"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345