Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: openSuSE 13.2 only uses 1024*768, no other screen size available

Default Re: openSuSE 13.2 only uses 1024*768, no other screen size available

Quote Originally Posted by OrsoBruno View Post
    Confirming that the Intel graphics stack should have some problems in OS 13.2.
    I have a 965GM chip, boots regularly with the intel KMS driver but if I try to "switch user" with Gnome, Xorg crashes when the second user logs out.
    So, if I want two (or more) graphical sessions at once on different VTs I must use the "fbdev" driver as uwe_koch is doing.
    Then I noticed that custom files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d are read but often "not used" by the intel Xorg driver that prefers its own automatic configuration (because Option "HotPlug" is on by default?).
    Then it misses some details of the EDID the monitor sends back (screen size in my case, no big deal).
    Maybe something similar is happening to the OP.
    Maybe the Intel stack has been tested thorougly on current HW but still has a few kinks with our older chips... (still testing, on my side).
    Hi everyone, I had a similar issue with upgrading to Opensuse 13.2. I use a dual display big desktop, with two of the same monitors plugged into on-board VGA and DVI. My VGA monitor would not go past 1024/768 when my other monitor would max out. To fix this, I simply shutdown, swapped the cables in the back of the monitors and rebooted. Now they will both go to the max resolution. I dont have a Xorg.conf file since I am using Radeon modprobe driver- (I think is the reason why)

Default Re: openSuSE 13.2 only uses 1024*768, no other screen size available

Just for the records, in the last few months kinks in the intel driver have largely been maxed out.
    The current kernels (3.16.7 on OS 13.2 and 3.19.4 on Tumbleweed) are OK on the GM965 as far as I can tell.
    Occasionally there are regressions (see for instance bug925946 on kernel 3.19.3) but by and large the driver is stable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12