Thread: Opensuse broken after upgrading to 13.2

Default Opensuse broken after upgrading to 13.2

Upgraded from 13.1 to 13.2 and it looks like something has gone horribly wrong.

The services all appear to start but if I run yast I get the yast menu loaded only there are no modules in it.

Also if I then try and reinstall yast using rpm or zypper I get:

zypper: error while loading shared libraries: liblua.so.5.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The liblua.so.5.1 is present under /usr/lib64/liblua.so.5.1
    I've also tried copying it from a working 13.2 server but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Opensuse broken after upgrading to 13.2

Recommendation:

Run a system update, see if that restores consistency and installs latest packages
    Code:
    zypper update
    If that doesn't work, and particularly if this is a brand new upgrade to 13.2, maybe do an online re-install upgrade
    Code:
    zypper dup
    As always,
    If there is anything you want to preserve from your current state, do some kind of backup before running either of the above.

TSU

Default Re: Opensuse broken after upgrading to 13.2

Thanks for the info.

I tried using the dvd to redo the upgrade - it went through fine but after a reboot I kept getting kernel panics.

Luckily I had a backup of the data and /etc/ folders. Rebuilt with the latest version and slowly brought everything back to working order.

Note to self - next time remember to backup the DNS master files (Not in the /etc folder!)