Yast > Software Manager

Hi,

I last week I did a dist-upgrade from 13.1 to 13.2 and ever since the software managers lists all packages that I remove under ‘Modified’. Also, when ever I try to install something with the software manager, it tries to reinstall all previously removed packages that are listed under ‘Modified’.

What can I do to ‘convince’ the software manager I don’t want these packages back :slight_smile:

When I use zypper, it is no problem.

Enable “Ignore recommended packages for already installed packages” in YaST’s “Options” menu.

If there are still some packages getting installed automatically, you could “Taboo – never install” them (right-click on the package).

Lol thanks!
Been using SUSE for more then ten years and it never occurred to me the software manager had more options haha.

/shame lol!

Err… Seems that option “Ignore recommended packages for already installed packages” does more than it’s name suggests :smiley:
Anyway, I wouldn’t have guessed that this option should solve this problem.

Thanks anyway, I had the same issue, and now it’s not anymore.

Hm?
Those additional packages get marked to be installed because they are recommended by other packages or patterns that are already installed.
That option prevents that, by “ignoring recommended packages for already installed packages”.

What do you think it does more than its name suggests?