Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New user - what to do when package ( libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)) depednancy is missing?

Question New user - what to do when package ( libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)) depednancy is missing?

Relatively new (few weeks) to Linux. OpenSuse 13.2 KDE (default install) on Dell 530 DuCore. U to now install ahve gone OK from KDE or Zyyper CLI when not found on searching KDE. I am trying to install Splashtop and have downloaded the.rpm which seems recent for an OpenSuse repository (not in my normal list) at
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit..._Factory/i586/
    I get this Zypper error

Problem: nothing provides libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0) needed by splashtop-streamer-2.0.0.11-1.10.i586
    Solution 1: do not install splashtop-streamer-2.0.0.11-1.10.i586
    Solution 2: break splashtop-streamer-2.0.0.11-1.10.i586 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Confused as I thought OpenSSL would have been there by default and wonder if there is a version higher than 1.0 on system? Is it possibile to install or do I have to look for the missing dependency (no idea what it is in reality and how I would correct it)? Would prefer not to break any newer SSL version on working system.

Thanks

Default Re: New user - what to do when package ( libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)) depednancy is missing?

Forget to add could this be that I ahvea 64bit OpenSuse 13.2 and looks like the install is 32 bit?. I have looked and cannot find any OpenSSL depedancies

Default Re: New user - what to do when package ( libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)) depednancy is missin

Quote Originally Posted by GoGas View Post
    Forget to add could this be that I ahvea 64bit OpenSuse 13.2 and looks like the install is 32 bit?. I have looked and cannot find any OpenSSL depedancies
    Yes, you try to install the 32bit version of splashtop-streamer. You would need libopenssl1_0_0-32bit to fulfill the dependency.

Also, the link you posted is for openSUSE_Factory, not 13.2.
    Use this instead:
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.2/
    You can just add that URL as repo in YaST->Software Repositories, and then install the package via YaST->Software Management. That would also install all other necessary packages automatically.

But, why don't you just install the 64bit version of that package? It is available in the same repo, in the "x86_64" folder. If using YaST or zypper, they would take care of choosing the correct architecture themselves.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 17-Nov-2014 at 08:33.

Default Re: New user - what to do when package ( libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)) depednancy is missing?

Thanks. I had tried the 64 bit after posting and had same result. I did take your advice and installed the link to repository you suggested, then found Splashtop in Yast2 software manager and choose to install from within Yast2 but had the same problem - the dependency is missing and the installer does not try to download it. Gives following error:
    #### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2014-11-17 16:52:12 ####
    nothing provides libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)(64bit) needed by splashtop-streamer-2.0.0.11-1.1.x86_64
    [ ] do not install splashtop-streamer-2.0.0.11-1.1.x86_64
    [ ] break splashtop-streamer-2.0.0.11-1.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies
    #### YaST2 conflicts list END ###

I have searched the system for open ssl (I think ) and result is below. Seems openSSL is on system but not libcrypto.
    user@DellXXX:~> rpm -qa | grep -i openssl
    libopenssl-devel-1.0.1j-2.4.1.x86_64
    libopenssl1_0_0-1.0.1j-2.4.1.x86_64
    openssl-1.0.1j-2.4.1.x86_64

Any suggestions as to how to proceed to get libcrypto on my system??

Thanks for any suggestions

Continued to work at this and now run out of ideas
    The openSuse 13.2 system does have
    /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
    installed. The Splashtop installer rpm still gives error that it requires
    libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)(64bit)
    I have tried to create a symbolic link to the installed version with the name that it is looking for but cannot create the link as the type of name causes failure near the (.

Blog Entries

Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Thumbs up Re: New user - what to do when package ( libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0)) depednancy is missing?

caf4926

Your solution seemed to fix the problem, although did have to work out from image exactly what to do. For other newbies like me
    I search for crypto.so as your image showed but being careful to select the correct search filters on left side as your image shows. I instaalled Crypto30 for both 32 and 64 bit (not sure of this is required). I then ran the install for Splashtop streamer from within Yast software installer and no errors.

Not clear why I had to install Crypto30 when Crypto1.0.0 was alreday there and that was what the dependency said it required but guess it is something less than obvious with versions.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoGas View Post
    caf4926

Your solution seemed to fix the problem, although did have to work out from image exactly what to do. For other newbies like me
    I search for crypto.so as your image showed but being careful to select the correct search filters on left side as your image shows. I instaalled Crypto30 for both 32 and 64 bit (not sure of this is required). I then ran the install for Splashtop streamer from within Yast software installer and no errors.

Not clear why I had to install Crypto30 when Crypto1.0.0 was alreday there and that was what the dependency said it required but guess it is something less than obvious with versions.

Thanks
    No worries mate
    Happy to help

Sorry I didn't have time to provide a step by step
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Unfortunately does not seem to have solved issue. Initially after installing the libcrpyto30 seemed to install OK. However tried running it from starting Python script within Terminal and did start and the login window came up but on logging in the terminal window gave an error that SSL Libcrypto 1.0.0.0 was required so same issue.
    Removed Splashtop-streamer package from within Yast and tried to reinstall. This time even though the libcrypto30 (and libcrypto1.0.0.0) was already installed the package said it was missing so I am unsure what it was looking for.

Is the anything I could do to alter the dependancy the package is looking for. I presume this is within the programe and not the package itself. Is it looking for specific named file that I could create with a symbolic link?

Blog Entries

Look here
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...shtop-streamer

You might want to contact the Packager
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast