Radioactive Squid Vomit - Can it be removed?

I’m upgrading from a much older version of OpenSuse to 13.2. Mostly I’m doing OK. But I’m having a problem with a color. Anytime KDE wants to highlight anything it uses one of several shades of bright greenish aqua whose official name I don’t know, but which I am calling, for convenience, radioactive squid vomit.

Probably cool people, who wear sunglasses when looking at their monitors and whose aesthetic sensibilities derive from “Tron,” love this color, but I’m not a cool person and the sight of it makes me queasy.

I would like very much for all the radioactive squid vomit to disappear from my screen. Anything else would be better, even traditional OpenSuse Gecko Green.

So is there a setting for this? Or are insane people like me just out of luck on this one?

MMM from what version???

So this is undoubtedly a desktop config problem. My advice is to bite the bullet and just start the desktop from scratch. The cost of doing an upgrade spanning multi versions.

Delete all files in ~/.ked4/share/config

Note should be done as root with your user NOT logged into the GUI . (Can’t change the tire when driving down the road)

rotfl!
Start > Configure Desktop > Workspace Appearance > Windows Decoration > Configure Decoration > Shadows > uncheck or configure Active Window Glow
other color settings Start > Configure Desktop > Application Appearance > Colors

When I do that, I normally logout of the GUI, use CTRL-ALT-F1 to get a terminal login. I login there as myself and do the delete. I prefer not to use root for deleting my own files.

nrickert adjusted his tin foil beanie and wrote:

>
> gogalthorp;2676214 Wrote:
>> Delete all files in ~/.ked4/share/config
>>
>> Note should be done as root with your user NOT logged into the GUI .
>> (Can’t change the tire when driving down the road)
> When I do that, I normally logout of the GUI, use CTRL-ALT-F1 to get a
> terminal login. I login there as myself and do the delete. I prefer
> not to use root for deleting my own files.

If your not happy with a plain command prompt install ( if not already ) mc
and use that in the terminal.

HTH

Mark
Caveat emptor
Nullus en verba
Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

On 2014-11-14 19:46, gogalthorp wrote:
>
> MMM from what version???
>
> So this is undoubtedly a desktop config problem. My advice is to bite
> the bullet and just start the desktop from scratch. The cost of doing an
> upgrade spanning multi versions.
>
> Delete all files in ~/.ked4/share/config

No need to be that drastic, before knowing for certain it will cure the
problem. You can just create a new user, and login as that user to see
what defaults it gets, see if the problem appears there or not.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” at Telcontar)