Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD FGLRX – the 14.9 refurbished version for openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed

Lightbulb AMD FGLRX – the 14.9 refurbished version for openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed

Hey good news, finally, Sebastian Siebert manage to create a compatible drivers for our last release. Tumbleweed is supported too (perhaps only until it diverge consequently from 13.2). Kernel 3.18 will be supported too. For complete original story, refer to the original post. The driver were published 8 days ago and some brave enough soul […]

More...

Default Re: AMD FGLRX – the 14.9 refurbished version for openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed

X refused to start after installing the driver.

reverting to radeon

Default Re: AMD FGLRX – the 14.9 refurbished version for openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed

Its working for me and I still have no problems at my main *DE.

Thanks to a row of people for this.

regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by razirazo View Post
    X refused to start after installing the driver.
    What graphics card?

fglrx only supports HD5000 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    What graphics card?

Mine is R9 270x

What graphics card?

is not working,I have radeon HD7870.....gnome tumbleweed !

Did you use the correct repo URL?
    For 13.2: http://geeko.ioda.net/mirror/amd-fglrx/openSUSE_13.2/
    Tumbleweed: http://geeko.ioda.net/mirror/amd-fgl...SE_Tumbleweed/

The 13.1 version will _not_ work on 13.2 or Tumbleweed.

OTOH, this is basically an inofficial beta version. There is no official version yet that works with the new Xorg in 13.2 or Tumbleweed.
    So there might be problems with particular cards.

Im on 13.2 and using the correct repo.

Will try again next week after upon installation after upgrading my mainboard.

Did you use the correct repo URL?
    For 13.2: http://geeko.ioda.net/mirror/amd-fglrx/openSUSE_13.2/
    Tumbleweed: http://geeko.ioda.net/mirror/amd-fgl...SE_Tumbleweed/

The 13.1 version will _not_ work on 13.2 or Tumbleweed.

OTOH, this is basically an inofficial beta version. There is no official version yet that works with the new Xorg in 13.2 or Tumbleweed.
    So there might be problems with particular cards.
    Yes I use the correct repo URL. Once released a new version of openSUSE 13.2 I went to install the KDE version for a test on a separate partition. With KDE fglrx works. Then I went to reinstall my favorite DE .... gnome, but with gnome fglrx not working. Install fglrx driver goes successfully but after reboot can not run X ! But no matter I am on Tumbleweed with radeon driver.... radeon driver works just great !
    I apologize for the bad English !

2 AMD cards working good here, R9270X and HD7770.
    Installed 14.9's via YaST.
    razirazo - what motherboard do you have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast