Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD FGLRX – the 14.9 refurbished version for openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed

Default Re: AMD FGLRX – the 14.9 refurbished version for openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed

Quote Originally Posted by pajdina View Post
    Yes I use the correct repo URL. Once released a new version of openSUSE 13.2 I went to install the KDE version for a test on a separate partition. With KDE fglrx works. Then I went to reinstall my favorite DE .... gnome, but with gnome fglrx not working. Install fglrx driver goes successfully but after reboot can not run X ! But no matter I am on Tumbleweed with radeon driver.... radeon driver works just great !
    I apologize for the bad English !
    Im on gnome too when the driver failed. Never tried on KDE though.

Quote Originally Posted by tweakhound View Post
    2 AMD cards working good here, R9270X and HD7770.
    Installed 14.9's via YaST.
    razirazo - what motherboard do you have?
    Asus M4a88td (AMD88G chpset) but it has probably nothing to do this the driver installation.
    I was upgrading as part of migration to Intel platform.

Default Re: AMD FGLRX – the 14.9 refurbished version for openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed

I did read elsewhere a lot of people find that this version of driver is not compatible with current version of Gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by razirazo View Post
    I did read elsewhere a lot of people find that this version of driver is not compatible with current version of Gnome.
    I can confirm this . No joy for GNOME (yet I hope).

same here, the new driver does not work with HD 7700/7800 (7850 is the one I have)
    X starts (13.2 64x, KDE) but it does not work properly; when try to open the AMD control center, I get an error message that the driver is not found
    hope to get this fixed asap
    Dimitris

UPDATE
    the problem as reported on the above post was only when I upgraded to 13.2;
    later in the day I decided to do a clean install, and now the FGLRX driver works fine (same PC, same configuration)
    Dimitris

Wow, that is strange. I did a fresh install in the first place... I will try to do a reinstall when I will have time, maybe this will work for me as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12