Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printer doesn't want to print the grayscale of colored picture clearly

Default Printer doesn't want to print the grayscale of colored picture clearly

Ok, i already installed hplip,cups, and set it to grayscale. The printer didn't print the colored picture into grayscale clearly. Almost blank paper. But when i printed the black colored picture or text it prints clearly. What should i do to make the print result clearly on the colored picture or text using grayscale configuration? I'm using hp d2466 for my printer and opensuse 13.2 for my OS. Please help me immediately! I need this for my important task such as homework!

Default Re: Printer doesn't want to print the grayscale of colored picture clearly

Also noted that my printer's ink is still full. I

Blog Entries

Default Re: Printer doesn't want to print the grayscale of colored picture clearly

Does the printing quality depend on the application being used? (You might want to experiment with this)

All I can offer you is the following
    http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...00_series.html
    where it is mentioned that the support level is only 'partial'

"Partial":
    Printing supported but possibly at limited speed or print quality; scanning and/or faxing on some multifunction devices may not be supported by HPLIP. HP personnel monitor Launchpad forum posts and attempt (but cannot guarantee) to answer questions posted for this support class.
    See this page to select your printer to see the complete list of functions and features your device will deliver with HPLIP.

Blog Entries

FWIW, there is a print quality diagnostic utility that HPLIP provides called 'hp-pqdiag'

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...es/pqdiag.html

If you need to explore printing quality further, you may wish to engage with the HPLIP team

REPORTING BUGS

The HPLIP Launchpad.net site https://launchpad.net/hplip is available
    to get help, report bugs, make suggestions, discuss the HPLIP project
    or otherwise contact the HPLIP Team.

Yes i think it's the problem of software not hardware. Because i tested it using the hp driver for windows on my windows 7 and it works flawlessly. It maybe the hp configuration or the cups configuration in my suse maybe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mki View Post
    Yes i think it's the problem of software not hardware. Because i tested it using the hp driver for windows on my windows 7 and it works flawlessly. It maybe the hp configuration or the cups configuration in my suse maybe.
    It won't be the CUPS configuration as such. It is down to the driver/ppd that really determines the features and quality. Any print driver options for paper/print quality?

I already installed the hplip and how to install the hp-pqdiag one?

Blog Entries

I already installed the hplip and how to install the hp-pqdiag one?
    It's included as part of the hplip package.

I already installed hplip and it still doesn't print clearly. Any solution?

Blog Entries

I already installed hplip and it still doesn't print clearly. Any solution?
    If you're already using the HPLIP driver, and selected the best quality printing (via the printing options), then there's probably not anything else that can be offered. Read post #4 again. (I already suggested that you contact the HPLIP team and raise it with them.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast