Trying to install kde-telepathy and having problems with ktp-call-ui dependency....

I’m running on a OpenSuse 13.1-32 bit system…kernel 3.11.10-21-desktop … KDE 4.14.2

Repo List—

abled | Refresh
—±-------------------------------±--------------------------------------±--------±-------
1 | current | current | Yes | Yes
2 | currentextra | currentextra | Yes | Yes
3 | download.nvidia.com-opensuse | nVidia Graphics Drivers | Yes | Yes
4 | download.opensuse.org-Extra | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Extra | No | Yes
5 | download.opensuse.org-Stable | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice | Yes | Yes
6 | download.opensuse.org-games | openSUSE BuildService - Games | Yes | Yes
7 | download.opensuse.org-mozilla | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Yes | Yes
8 | download.opensuse.org-packages | openSUSE BuildService - Java:packages | Yes | Yes
9 | ftp.gwdg.de-suse | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes
10 | multimedia:apps | multimedia:apps | Yes | Yes
11 | multimedia:libs | multimedia:libs | Yes | Yes
12 | nVidia Graphics Drivers | nVidia Graphics Drivers | Yes | Yes
13 | openSUSE-13.1-1.10 | openSUSE-13.1-1.10 | Yes | Yes
14 | opensuse-guide.org-repo | libdvdcss repository | Yes | Yes
15 | repo-debug | openSUSE-13.1-Debug | No | Yes
16 | repo-debug-update | openSUSE-13.1-Update-Debug | No | Yes
17 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | openSUSE-13.1-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No | Yes
18 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-13.1-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes
19 | repo-oss | openSUSE-13.1-Oss | Yes | Yes
20 | repo-source | openSUSE-13.1-Source | No | Yes
21 | repo-update | openSUSE-13.1-Update | Yes | Yes
22 | repo-update-non-oss | openSUSE-13.1-Update-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes

No matter how I try to installl the ktp-cal-ui which is the most important package for me to be able to dial numbers I get this dependency hit I’ve tried to install the libktpcommoninternalprivate rpm and get the same error, anybody have any ideas…

zypper install ktp-call-ui
Retrieving repository ‘currentextra’ metadata …[done]
Building repository ‘currentextra’ cache …[done]
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

Problem: nothing provides libktpcommoninternalsprivate.so.7 needed by ktp-call-ui-0.8.1-4.2.i586
Solution 1: do not install ktp-call-ui-0.8.1-4.2.i586
Solution 2: break ktp-call-ui-0.8.1-4.2.i586 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c):

Thanks…

That list is nearly useless when trying to help you, as those are only names. The actual repos could be anything for any openSUSE version.
Better use “zypper lr -d” when posting your repo list.

But:

No matter how I try to installl the ktp-cal-ui which is the most important package for me to be able to dial numbers I get this dependency hit I’ve tried to install the libktpcommoninternalprivate rpm and get the same error, anybody have any ideas…

Well, ktp-call-ui 0.9.0 fails to build for 13.1, see here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=KDE%3AExtra&package=ktp-call-ui
So there’s still an older version (0.8.1) in the repo which needs an older library that is no longer available.
You should either ask on the opensuse-kde mailinglist, or file a bug report (click on the “Report Bug” link on that page I linked to, same username/password as here) I’d say.

Thanks for the tip in regards to repos…checked the mailing list and there’s no mention of it…and tried to file a bug-report after validating my email and cannot get access…so I’ll try again later…again, thanks…

You could also send an EMail to the opensuse-kde mailinglist, opensuse-kde@opensuse.org You don’t have to be subscribed for that.

Thanks for the help, I’ll give that a shot…