Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kde5 questions

Blog Entries

Default Re: kde5 questions

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    Yep, kde4 was barely usable then when first introduce, unlike the plasma 5 .
    Here is a little reminder of how it looked
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Here is a little reminder of how it looked
    Sucks

This might be better
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    I must agree. Plasma 5 is far away from usability of the current KDE 4.
    I think that new thing should be better than old one, maybe equal, when I start using it.

Code:
    I tried now, and it doesn't work here either.
     I can play the sound fine with the test button, but it is just not played on login/logout.

This is with plasma 5.1.1 and the VLC backend.

Actually it seems the notification settings have no effect at all in general.
    Thanks for trying this and getting the same result as me. I tried first with gstreamer as a backend and then vlc. Like you the system sound test worked fine.

Code:
    Hm, it doesn't work here, and never did. I can browse directories, but when I enter an URL just nothing happens. (and yes, I do have kio-extras5 installed, from KF5)
     Are you using a newer snapshot maybe? Or my package is broken... [IMG]//forums.opensuse.org/images/smiliesnew/wink.png[/IMG]

I installed konqueror5 and libKF5Konq6 from KDE:Unstable:Frameworks now and it does indeed work.

But then, I also tried my own packages built for Factory, and with those it works too (well, not really perfect as sumski wrote, but at least it does load something...).

So this seems to have started working only recently I'd say.
     My 13.2 packages are built against plain 13.2 at the moment, kde-baseapps5 does not build in particular (needs frameworks 5.4.0 already) so konqueror5 is not the latest version there. I will build this against KF5 too and hope it will "work" then
    I am using konqueror5 from your 13.2 repo with 5.4 from:

http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.2/

since konqueror5 sounds like work in progress am quite happy using konqueror4

Code:
    I remember kde4 at the start. I was one of the 'stick with kde 3.5 brigade'. I still install kde 3.5 as a back-up desktop manager just in case I knacker kde4. It does look so old-fashioned these days.

Quote Originally Posted by dth2 View Post
    I am using konqueror5 from your 13.2 repo with 5.4 from:

http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.2/
    Yes, this doesn't work either here. As mentioned this is an older version, as the current kde-baseapps5 do not build any more against 13.2 (it needs Frameworks 5.4.0).
    I'll have to start building against KDE:Frameworks5 also for the openSUSE_13.2 repo.

Code:
    I remember kde4 at the start. I was one of the 'stick with kde 3.5 brigade'. I still install kde 3.5 as a back-up desktop manager just in case I knacker kde4. It does look so old-fashioned these days.
    Right. When I logged into KDE3 some time ago (first time after years), I couldn't even imagine how I could like this back then...

I started using KDE4 with 4.1 (although I logged into it from time to time at 4.0 and the Betas before already, just to try it).
    But because some people here compared the current Plasma 5 to KDE 4.0: IMHO this it total nonsense. Plasma 5.1 (and 5.0 as well already) is _way_ more usable than KDE 4.0's Plasma. Anybody that says something else hasn't tried either of them, I'd say.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 08-Nov-2014 at 07:50.

Code:
    I started using KDE4 with 4.1 (although I logged into it from time to time at 4.0 and the Betas before already, just to try it).
    But because some people here compared the current Plasma 5 to KDE 4.0: IMHO this it total nonsense. Plasma 5.1 (and 5.0 as well already) is _way_ more usable than KDE 4.0's Plasma. Anybody that says something else hasn't tried either of them, I'd say. :P
    Completley agree. I am impressed with kde5 and use it more than kde4 now.

Now i remembered; first the login/logout feature was missing, then was added back, but due to some startup problems (delays, etc), it was disabled again -> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335948

Code:
    Now i remembered; first the login/logout feature was missing, then was added back, but due to some startup problems (delays, etc), it was disabled again -> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335948
    Thanks for confirming.

Ah yes KDE 4.0 the fun! the hair pulls! I'm still bald from that.
    Then there's KF5 yes definitely much better, so far with KF5 I'm keeping what hair I've got.
    I'm just a curious cat
    My 64 bit: RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    MOTHERBOARD B450M D53H GGABYTE
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Ok, back to the original topic now...
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Yes, this doesn't work either here. As mentioned this is an older version, as the current kde-baseapps5 do not build any more against 13.2 (it needs Frameworks 5.4.0).
    My 13.2 repo now builds against KDE:Frameworks5 as well (it took a while to rebuild all packages...).
    Therefore I could build kde-baseapps5 again, and it contains the latest git snapshot now.

And konqueror5 "works" now also on 13.2.
    As mentioned it is not really stable yet though, so you'd better stay with Konqueror4 for now. But you could at least try it out if you want to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast