KDM very dark on logout

in openSUSE 13.2 when I select logout from the KDE menu I am taken to the KDM login screen . . . but it is very very dark.
At first I thought my system had just shut down but then I closed the curtains in my room and could see KDM very faintly allowing me to enter my password and login again.

Is there a setting somewhere that will let me adjust this?

nobody else seeing this?
Couldn’t work out how to take a screenshot of kdm so got my camera out.
The picture isn’t the best and isn’t entirely accurate - but you can get the idea.
image to the left is KDM on system boot and image on right is KDM after selecting “logout” from within KDE.

http://paste.opensuse.org/view/raw/56167021

Hi,

to confirm, that you are not the only one. I have the same issue. But I don’t have a solution :(.

Michael

same here, on a thinkpad t61

Video drivers?? Or is everyone seeing this.

I have not upgraded yet I always like you guess to get things fixed first :shame:

You are right, perhaps it’s the graphic card and driver.

My graphic card is an Intel HD Graphcis 4000 (Asus UX31a laptop). The version of xf86-video-intel is 2.99.916-2.1.

Michael

Further observations:

KDM is dark after logout (as seen also by you).
When KDM is starting after boot, it’s bright. Then it dims to dark. In parallel, my keyboard backlight is also dimmed to dark (in 13.1 version, the backlight was always on until you close the laptop lid).

Michael

Ok sounds like a back light problem then if on a notebook. Sorry I can’t help there but someone may be able to . I don’t have a notebook You might do a search on back light or backlight here to see if some older thread might help.