Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Cannot boot OpenSUSE13.1 after update. Triple Boot, LVM and luks encrypted partitions

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,132

    Default Re: Cannot boot OpenSUSE13.1 after update. Triple Boot, LVM and luks encrypted partitions

    Hmm ... your log shows no luks or lvm2 feature inlcuded in initrd. I'm not sure now whether this is due to running in chroot or it is the same problem you had. Did you mount /sys, /proc and /dev?

    You could try to force both of them by using "mkinitrd -f 'luks lvm2'" (you need quote list of features).

  2. #12

    Default Re: Cannot boot OpenSUSE13.1 after update. Triple Boot, LVM and luks encrypted partitions

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    Did you mount /sys, /proc and /dev?

    You could try to force both of them by using "mkinitrd -f 'luks lvm2'" (you need quote list of features).
    that didn't work either. I did mount /dev, /sys and /proc as per your instructions. running
    Code:
    mkinitrd -f 'luks lvm2'
    complains that lvm2 is not recognisez. A typo?

    I also tried
    Code:
    mkinitrd -f 'luks lvm2 lvm'
    but it now complained that lvm and lvm2 not found.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,132

    Default Re: Cannot boot OpenSUSE13.1 after update. Triple Boot, LVM and luks encrypted partitions

    Quote Originally Posted by RaveNBlack View Post
    Code:
    mkinitrd -f 'luks lvm2'
    complains that lvm2 is not recognisez. A typo?
    No.
    Code:
    bor@opensuse:~> rpm -qf /lib/mkinitrd/scripts/boot-lvm2.sh 
    lvm2-2.02.98-0.28.18.1.x86_64
    Do you have lvm2 installed at all?

  4. #14

    Default Re: Cannot boot OpenSUSE13.1 after update. Triple Boot, LVM and luks encrypted partitions

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    No.
    Code:
    bor@opensuse:~> rpm -qf /lib/mkinitrd/scripts/boot-lvm2.sh 
    lvm2-2.02.98-0.28.18.1.x86_64
    Do you have lvm2 installed at all?
    Thank you for your help, but I through in the towel and reinstalled (kept home partition) Opens use as I have some work that must be done tonight.

    Thank you again .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •