Thread: KDE "Oxygen" scrollbars are messed up after installing and removing LXQT

Angry KDE "Oxygen" scrollbars are messed up after installing and removing LXQT

Hi all,

so I heard that LXQT was available in a new version? So I wanted to test-drive it and installed it doing these steps:

zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...lxde:lxqt.repo
    zypper refresh
    zypper in -t pattern LXQT

I played around with it a little ... but I really like KDE a lot and so decided to delete the LXQT packages again. No big deal, right...? That's about the only thing I've done here on this system before I discovered the new problem I have:

Now I notice that KDE's "Oxygene" theme got messed up?! For example: Every KDE application that I now open starts with the wrong scrollbars. They are very very wide, they look like the ones we had back in KDE 3.x ages ago...

Screenshot:

When I start the application "Configure Desktop" and if I switch themes a bit by e.g. going from "Oxygen" to "Plastique" and then back to "Oxygen", then all currently running KDE applications will correct themselves and the scrollbar will look correct again:

I've already deleted the ~/.config and ~/.kde4 directories in my $HOME (no big deal, I have backups ...) and yet the problem still appears. So it's not in my settings I guess. I assume that playing around with LXQT shortly before this must have installed a package or dependency that is now messing with KDE/Qt themes ...

Any ideas what's wrong and how I could fix this?

Regards,

DJ.

Default Re: KDE "Oxygen" scrollbars are messed up after installing and removing LXQT

*Found it!*

I have no idea why this works ... but it does: If I set the Qt style via the "Configure Desktop" application the changes get ignored... But if instead I fire up the "qtconfig" program from a terminal and select "Oxygen" again ... all of a sudden that change persists and does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Yay. So... whatever "magic" the qtconfig command performs, why isn't this stuff there in the "Configure Desktop" application?