Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio Problem

Blog Entries

Default Re: Audio Problem

Quote Originally Posted by mki View Post
    Ok. I'll try it later on weekend during my spare time from my school activity. I'll inform you if I find some errors.
    OK.

Also, try copying and pasting the command below into a konsole/xterm and see if it produces any sound:
    Code:
    aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav

Ok. I'll inform you later if it doesn't work. Sorry for my Indonesian English dialect.

I do this today afterschool and after finish some homeworks because tomorrow is holiday. So I installed the pavucontrol. When I was testing the audio, the audio still didn't appear! Any other idea maybe?

Blog Entries

I do this today afterschool and after finish some homeworks because tomorrow is holiday. So I installed the pavucontrol. When I was testing the audio, the audio still didn't appear! Any other idea maybe?
    and ?? ... the outcome of this which I asked about ??

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Also, try copying and pasting the command below into a konsole/xterm and see if it produces any sound:
    Code:
    aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    Ensure you try that in a konsole/xterm with and without root permissions.

Blog Entries

So I installed the pavucontrol. When I was testing the audio, the audio still didn't appear! Any other idea maybe?
    What means 'didn't appear' ?? Does that mean you did not see the sound device in pavucontrol ?

Or does that mean only you heard no audio ?

or both ?

I think both. Because I didn't hear any sound during the test and the pavucontrol only detect the built in speaker and didn't detect the sound card! Also noted that I've already to enable pavucontrol on my soundcard! So where is the problem?

Also noted my soundcard was realtek not intel.

Blog Entries

I think both. Because I didn't hear any sound during the test and the pavucontrol only detect the built in speaker and didn't detect the sound card! Also noted that I've already to enable pavucontrol on my soundcard! So where is the problem?
    In your statement that I quoted, I'm struggling with possible ambiguities that come about in what I quoted above, likely due to your effort to be brief ? I can not tell from the above if you sent the aplay command I requested as a regular user and also with root permissions.

Please :

1. advise if this is a desktop PC or a laptop ?

2. confirm "aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav " when run in konsole/terminal as both regular user, and with root permissions, yielded no sound. Post here any error messages it gave.

3. separate from the above two requests, launch 'pavucontrol' and provide a window print of the content of the "configuration" tab, and for each entry in the "configuration tab" provide a window print of the options. Such can be posted on http://imagebam.com

For example, on my PC which has different hardware, and hence different pavucontrol output, I get:

and then the top selection (which I have selected the "OFF" option) is for hdmi:

and the bottom selection is for the audio that goes through my PCs speakers (where I have 'Analog Sound 4.1 + Analog stereo input' selected):

Blog Entries

Also noted my soundcard was realtek not intel.
    Please confirm you did not go to the realtek site and install their linux driver (as for 99% of GNU/Linux users that would be a mistake to do IMHO). Sound should 'just work' without anything like that. 99% of linux users who to to the realtek site end up breaking their sound.

1. I didn't install the realtek driver
    2. My pavucontrol only detected one built in audio device not two. Is that okay?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast