Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Yast cannot access online Repositories

  1. #1

    Default Yast cannot access online Repositories

    Yast and zypper are unable to reach any online repositories. I've tried switching off IPv6 on YaST2 - Network Settings, which is supposedly responsible for causing this problem, and switching between Ethernet and wireless, with no result. I am running 13.1 in a 64 bit environment.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Yast cannot access online Repositories

    On 2014-10-03 21:46, DrGrid wrote:
    >
    > Yast and zypper are unable to reach any online repositories. I've tried
    > switching off IPv6 on YaST2 - Network Settings, which is supposedly
    > responsible for causing this problem, and switching between Ethernet and
    > wireless, with no result. I am running 13.1 in a 64 bit environment.


    Try some zypper command in verbose mode, and paste it all here, from
    initial command prompt, to last command prompt, in a single mouse sweep,
    and please do so inside code tags (the '#' button in the forum editor).


    For instance:

    Code:
    Telcontar:~ # zypper -v refresh
    Verbosity: 1
    Initializing Target
    Specified repositories:
    ....
    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Yast cannot access online Repositories

    Thank you, as an example I took git and mplayer, which seems quite fool proof to me.

    Code:
    user@linux-lufr:~> sudo zypper -v install mplayer
    Verbosity: 1
    Non-option program arguments: 'mplayer' 
    Initializing Target
    Checking whether to refresh metadata for VLC
    Checking whether to refresh metadata for nVidia Graphics Drivers
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Force resolution: No
    'mplayer' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'mplayer' found.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    Force resolution: No
    
    Nothing to do.

    Code:
    user@linux-lufr:~> sudo zypper -v install git
    Verbosity: 1
    Non-option program arguments: 'git' 
    Initializing Target
    Checking whether to refresh metadata for VLC
    Checking whether to refresh metadata for nVidia Graphics Drivers
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Force resolution: No
    'git' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'git' found.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    Force resolution: No
    
    Nothing to do.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: Yast cannot access online Repositories

    What's the output from 'zypper lr'?

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Yast cannot access online Repositories

    On 2014-10-03 23:16, DrGrid wrote:
    >
    > Thank you, as an example I took git and mplayer, which seems quite fool
    > proof to me.
    >
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > user@linux-lufr:~> sudo zypper -v install mplayer
    > Verbosity: 1
    > Non-option program arguments: 'mplayer'
    > Initializing Target
    > Checking whether to refresh metadata for VLC
    > Checking whether to refresh metadata for nVidia Graphics Drivers
    > Loading repository data...
    > Reading installed packages...
    > Force resolution: No
    > 'mplayer' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    > No provider of 'mplayer' found.
    > Resolving package dependencies...
    > Force resolution: No
    >
    > Nothing to do.
    > --------------------


    I don't see a problem there, except that you don't have a repo that list
    mplayer. Add one.


    Look, I suggested "zypper -v refresh" because that would have explained
    your problem. Trying to install mplayer does not.


    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Yast cannot access online Repositories

    Thank you for the exact command, solved it according to its information.
    Some repositories were disabled, after enabling and rebooting, everything works fine.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,729

    Default Re: Yast cannot access online Repositories

    Quote Originally Posted by DrGrid View Post
    Thank you for the exact command, solved it according to its information.
    Some repositories were disabled, after enabling and rebooting, everything works fine.
    Why the rebooting?????
    Henk van Velden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •