Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NVIDIA Graphics Driver Extraction failed

Default Re: NVIDIA Graphics Driver Extraction failed

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    x11-video-nvidia is the driver. You need nvidia-compute to be able to use CUDA, but I think that would be installed automatically.

You _need_ dkms-nvidia as well, as this contains the kernel module. But it should be installed automatically if you install the driver.

You can of course specify for than one package on the zypper command line, e.g.:
    Code:
    zypper in x11-video-nvidia nvidia-compute dkms-nvidia
    Or select the packages in YaST->Software Management, you'll see immediately then what other packages are automatically selected...

PS: I had a look at the packages, and yes, you only need to install x11-video-nvidia, the other two are required by that package and will get installed automatically.
    But if you intend to use 32bit applications as well, you should also install x11-video-nvidia-32bit.

No, that's not necessary.
    Especially if you install the RPMs.
    I have tried with zypper, but an error occurred:

Code:
    linux:/home/studio # zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Bumblebee-Project:/nVidia:/340.24/openSUSE_13.1/x86_64/ nvidia340_24
    Adding repository 'nvidia340_24' .........................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Repository 'nvidia340_24' successfully added
    Enabled: Yes
    Autorefresh: Yes
    GPG check: Yes
    URI: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Bumblebee-Project:/nVidia:/340.24/openSUSE_13.1/x86_64/

linux:/home/studio # zypper in x11-video-nvidia-340.24-27.1.x86_64
    Retrieving repository 'bumblebee' metadata ..............................................................................................................................................[error]
    Repository 'bumblebee' is invalid.
    [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
    Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
    Disabling repository 'bumblebee'.
    Retrieving repository 'nvidia340_24' metadata ...........................................................................................................................................[error]
    Repository 'nvidia340_24' is invalid.
    Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
    Disabling repository 'nvidia340_24'.
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'x11-video-nvidia-340.24-27.1.x86_64' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'x11-video-nvidia-340.24-27.1.x86_64' found.
    Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
    Why ?

Default AW: Re: NVIDIA Graphics Driver Extraction failed

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoC View Post
    I have tried with zypper, but an error occurred:

Code:
    linux:/home/studio # zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Bumblebee-Project:/nVidia:/340.24/openSUSE_13.1/x86_64/ nvidia340_24
    Adding repository 'nvidia340_24' .........................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Repository 'nvidia340_24' successfully added
    Enabled: Yes
    Autorefresh: Yes
    GPG check: Yes
    URI: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Bumblebee-Project:/nVidia:/340.24/openSUSE_13.1/x86_64/

linux:/home/studio # zypper in x11-video-nvidia-340.24-27.1.x86_64
    Retrieving repository 'bumblebee' metadata ..............................................................................................................................................[error]
    Repository 'bumblebee' is invalid.
    Disabling repository 'bumblebee'.
    Retrieving repository 'nvidia340_24' metadata ...........................................................................................................................................[error]
    Repository 'nvidia340_24' is invalid.
    Disabling repository 'nvidia340_24'.
    Why ?
    I already told you in previous post that you should omit that "x86_64". The repo URL is http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/ _without_ the "x86_64".
    zypper selects the correct architecture by itself.

The correct command in this case would be:
    Code:
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Bumblebee-Project:/nVidia:/340.24/openSUSE_13.1/ nvidia340_24
    But please, remove all those invalid repos you added ("bumblebee" probably as well according the output you posted), before continuing.
    If you need help for that post the repo list:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    And you should always remove the repo again before adding another one with a different version. They all contain the same packages just in different versions.
    And you might have to use the "-f" option for "zypper in" to downgrade the packages (or uninstall them first).

PS: I do hope you uninstalled nvidia-bumblebee already before trying out those other nvidia driver versions?
    If not you might again get problems.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 07-Nov-2014 at 05:13.

Default Re: AW: Re: NVIDIA Graphics Driver Extraction failed

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    I already told you in previous post that you should omit that "x86_64". The repo URL is http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/ _without_ the "x86_64". zypper selects the correct architecture by itself. The correct command in this case would be:
    Code:
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Bumblebee-Project:/nVidia:/340.24/openSUSE_13.1/ nvidia340_24
    But please, remove all those invalid repos you added ("bumblebee" probably as well according the output you posted), before continuing. If you need help for that post the repo list:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    And you should always remove the repo again before adding another one with a different version. They all contain the same packages just in different versions. And you might have to use the "-f" option for "zypper in" to downgrade the packages (or uninstall them first). PS: I do hope you uninstalled nvidia-bumblebee already before trying out those other nvidia driver versions? If not you might again get problems.
    Every time I have installed a new dirver I have first erased the other one # zypper rm bumblebee primus dkms dkms-nvidia dkms-bbswitch The last one result is:
    Code:
     linux:/home/studio # systemctl status bumblebeed bumblebeed.service - Bumblebee C Daemon    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bumblebeed.service; enabled)    Active: active (running) since Fri 2014-11-07 18:50:30 CET; 11min ago  Main PID: 1120 (bumblebeed)    CGroup: /system.slice/bumblebeed.service            └─1120 /usr/sbin/bumblebeed  Nov 07 18:52:18 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  136.676973] [ERROR][XORG] (EE) Nov 07 18:52:18 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  136.676977] [ERROR][XORG] (EE) Nov 07 18:52:18 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  136.676981] [ERROR][XORG] (EE) Nov 07 18:52:18 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  136.676984] [ERROR]X did not start properly Nov 07 18:59:24 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  563.199328] [ERROR][XORG] (EE) Nov 07 18:59:24 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  563.199350] [ERROR][XORG] (EE) Invalid isolated device specification                                                                             Nov 07 18:59:24 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  563.199356] [ERROR][XORG] (EE)                                                                                                                   Nov 07 18:59:24 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  563.199363] [ERROR][XORG] (EE)                                                                                                                   Nov 07 18:59:24 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  563.199371] [ERROR][XORG] (EE)                                                                                                                   Nov 07 18:59:24 linux.site bumblebeed[1120]: [  563.199377] [ERROR]X did not start properly
    But you think that the problem is with Xorg driver ? I have these Xorg installed:
    Code:
    inux:/home/studio # zypper se Xorg Loading repository data... Reading installed packages...  S | Name                          | Summary                                                                        | Type       --+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------- i | xorg-cf-files                 | Data files for the imake utility                                               | package      | xorg-docs                     | Miscellaneous documentation for the X Window System                            | package    i | xorg-scripts                  | Miscellaneous scripts for X                                                    | package    i | xorg-sgml-doctools            | Set of SGML entities and XML/CSS style sheets for building X.org documentation | package    i | xorg-x11                      | Compatibility metapackage for X.Org sample applications                        | package    i | xorg-x11-Xvnc                 | TigerVNC implementation of Xvnc                                                | package    i | xorg-x11-devel                | Compatibility metapackage for X.Org development libraries                      | package    i | xorg-x11-driver-input         | Compatibility metapackage for X.Org input drivers                              | package    i | xorg-x11-driver-video         | Compatibility metapackage for X.Org video drivers                              | package    i | xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau | Accelerated Open Source driver for nVidia cards                                | package    i | xorg-x11-essentials           | Compatibility metapackage for X.Org core applications                          | package    i | xorg-x11-fonts                | X.Org fonts                                                                    | package    i | xorg-x11-fonts-core           | Core Fonts for X.Org                                                           | package    i | xorg-x11-libX11-ccache        | X                                                                              | package      | xorg-x11-libs                 | Compatibility metapackage for X.Org libraries                                  | package    i | xorg-x11-proto-devel          | Header files and Libraries mandatory for X11 Development                       | package      | xorg-x11-server               | X                                                                              | srcpackage i | xorg-x11-server               | X                                                                              | package    i | xorg-x11-server-extra         | Additional Xservers (Xdmx, Xephyr, Xnest)                                      | package      | xorg-x11-server-sdk           | X                                                                              | package    i | xorg-x11-util-devel           | Compatibility metapackage for X11 development                                  | package    linux:/home/studio #
    I have to delete and than reinstall these drivers ? Which is the best way ?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011