Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to reset file-roller (columns) (GNOME)?

  1. #1

    Question How to reset file-roller (columns) (GNOME)?

    Hi,
    file-roller (Archivverwalter) in OPENSUSE GNOME comes without the menues (instead in Nautilus fashion), so there's also no "preferences". How then can I get back an accidentally deleted column (the file names column)? Where is file-roller's config data stored? gconf-editor doesn't show any file-roller related entries (at least I don't find any).

    Thanks in advance!
    Kat

  2. #2

    Default AW: How to reset file-roller (columns) (GNOME)?

    Quote Originally Posted by katra View Post
    Hi,
    file-roller (Archivverwalter) in OPENSUSE GNOME comes without the menues (instead in Nautilus fashion), so there's also no "preferences".
    Well, the menu is normally reachable if you click on the application's entry in the upper-left screen AFAIK.

    I started it in KDE now so I did get the menu, but there is no "Preferences" entry anyway.

    How then can I get back an accidentally deleted column (the file names column)?
    ???
    I'm not able to delete any column at all here.
    Maybe you just resized it? Try to make it bigger again by moving the mouse cursor over the left end of the "Size" column title (the cursor should change into arrows then) and click/drag it to the new size.

    Where is file-roller's config data stored? gconf-editor doesn't show any file-roller related entries (at least I don't find any).
    It is there in gconf-editor, under /apps/file-roller ("listing" probably).

  3. #3

    Default Re: AW: How to reset file-roller (columns) (GNOME)?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Maybe you just resized it? Try to make it bigger again by moving the mouse cursor over the left end of the "Size" column title …
    Thanks, that was the solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    It is there in gconf-editor, under /apps/file-roller ("listing" probably).
    Not on this machine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •