Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media player"?

  1. #1

    Default Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media player"?

    I use mozplugger in firefox in order to use some plugins like okular (I don't like acroread embedded).
    I've been using it sinc long time ago, but now since some update each time i open a pdf in firefox a message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media player" apears and i have to choose ALLOW now or allow always for each site.

    Is it possible to say firefox i want always open PDF with okular without any question?

    regards

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,130

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media play

    You do not give any information about the versions of openSUSE and Firfox you use, thus answering becomes something like: if you use, like I do, openSUSE 13.1 and Firefox ..., then ...., if not then my answer may be nuts.
    Henk van Velden

  3. #3

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media play

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    You do not give any information about the versions of openSUSE and Firfox you use, thus answering becomes something like: if you use, like I do, openSUSE 13.1 and Firefox ..., then ...., if not then my answer may be nuts.
    Sorry.

    Opensuse 13.1 x86_64.
    Firefox 31.1.0-42.1 x86_64 from openSUSE-13.1-Update

    regards

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,130

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media play

    I have the same versions. I never heard of "mozplugger", so I can not realy say if I use it. I have Firefox in Dutch, so my explanatiion might me a bit strange. Firefox the Preferences (main bar > second menu from the left and then the lowest item Preferences), I choose the Applications. And there you can change what is to be done when a cerrtain type of file is offered by the server. In the list of possibilities (like "Always ask") for PDF (two entries!) there is also Ocular.

    I also do not use the Firefox default build-in (what that may be), but set it to "Always ask" and then Ocular is the default. I have no doubt, you can set it to no asking but always use Ocular.

    Hope this helps.
    Henk van Velden

  5. #5

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media play

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    I have the same versions. I never heard of "mozplugger", so I can not realy say if I use it. I have Firefox in Dutch, so my explanatiion might me a bit strange. Firefox the Preferences (main bar > second menu from the left and then the lowest item Preferences), I choose the Applications. And there you can change what is to be done when a cerrtain type of file is offered by the server. In the list of possibilities (like "Always ask") for PDF (two entries!) there is also Ocular.

    I also do not use the Firefox default build-in (what that may be), but set it to "Always ask" and then Ocular is the default. I have no doubt, you can set it to no asking but always use Ocular.

    Hope this helps.
    MozPlugger is a very nice plugging. It allows you not only having these two options you said. With mozzplugger you have open with default (okular), save it and open with mozplugger (wich I have by default) When a PDF it is open by mozplugger it uses okular, but it does not open a new okular window but instead it opens it embeded in firefox.
    The same works with .ODT, .DOCX, etc (mozplugger makes LibreOffice open it embeded), video, etc....





    The problem is that since some time ago, when i open a url with a pdf, a docx, etc. I get this warning





    And then I need to click on the center message, and then on allow or allow and remeber

    I cant find how to get rid of these message and let firefox open it without asking

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handlesquicktime and windows media player"?

    On 2014-09-20 11:06, fperal wrote:

    > The problem is that since some time ago, when i open a url with a pdf,
    > a docx, etc. I get this warning
    >
    > [image: http://susepaste.org/view/raw/40580850]


    It is an intentional change by mozilla developers. Click on the "learn
    more" item in green in there.

    You should get that warning every time any plugin loads, but I think
    there is a way to allow exceptions - see that "learn more".

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  7. #7

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handlesquicktime and windows media playe

    God!!! It was almost trivial! I thought I have tried it and It had'nt worked.

    All I have to do is go to about:addons and change plugin behaviour from "ask to activate" to "always activate"

    Researching a bit I have seen I have version 1.14.6 of mozplugger and most recent version is 2.1.6 (april 17, 2014)..... why??????
    It seem that it's not available in 13.1 repos and I have it installed from i-don't-know-when, but from some distros before.... It's a pity!


    Trying to compile from source reports an error

    Code:
    CC mozplugger-update.c
    mozplugger-update.c: In function ‘install’:
    mozplugger-update.c:1477:11: warning: field precision specifier ‘.*’ expects argument of type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long int’ [-Wformat=]
               snprintf(globalPluginPath, sizeof(globalPluginPath), "%.*s/mozplugger.so", q-p, p);
               ^
    mozplugger-update.c:1477:11: warning: field precision specifier ‘.*’ expects argument of type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long int’ [-Wformat=]
    BIN2O mozplugger_so_blob.o
    LD mozplugger-update
    fernando@andromeda:~/tmp/mozplugger-2.1.6>



    Searching with rpmfind and pbone I have found updated rpms for osolinux and mageia cauldron.... I don't know if is worse keeping an outdated pluging or trying to install one of these rpms




    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2014-09-20 11:06, fperal wrote:

    > The problem is that since some time ago, when i open a url with a pdf,
    > a docx, etc. I get this warning
    >
    > [image: http://susepaste.org/view/raw/40580850]


    It is an intentional change by mozilla developers. Click on the "learn
    more" item in green in there.

    You should get that warning every time any plugin loads, but I think
    there is a way to allow exceptions - see that "learn more".

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,743

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handles quicktime and windows media play

    Apparently no one has built the package for mozplugger for openSUSE. Note these things come from the community thus you need to get someone with the knowledge to build it and maintain it..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Firefox, how to get rid of message "Activate mozplugger handlesquicktime and windows media player"?

    On 2014-09-20 21:06, fperal wrote:

    > Researching a bit I have seen I have version 1.14.6 of mozplugger and
    > most recent version is '2.1.6 (april 17, 2014)'
    > (http://mozplugger.mozdev.org/)..... why??????


    Because it is not available "anywhere". Mozilla automatically updates
    plugins, but this one is not provided by the mozilla site... dunno why.
    And it is not on any openSUSE repo, nor packman.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •