Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problem with KDE factory repo

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Problem with KDE factory repo

    Hi guys, I've updated to KDE factory using the kde-factory repository found here http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repositories#I_want_to... , I've done zypper ref and zypper dup, updated few packages but I'm still on 4.11 instead of 4.13.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problem with KDE factory repo

    Hi,

    And how did you determine that you are still on KDE 4.11 ? In order to determine what went wrong, we need some more information.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Problem with KDE factory repo

    Quote Originally Posted by tittiatcoke View Post
    Hi,

    And how did you determine that you are still on KDE 4.11 ? In order to determine what went wrong, we need some more information.
    Using KInfocenter .

  4. #4

    Default Re: Problem with KDE factory repo

    Try to choose View->Repositories, select the KDE repo, and click on "Switch system packages to the versions from this repo" above the package list, or run "zypper dup --from xxx", as described here:
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Vendor_c..._Vendor_change

    And you need to logout/login of course to fully use the newly installed version.

    If that still doesn't help, please post your repo list:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Btw, it should be KDE 4.14, not 4.13...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Problem with KDE factory repo

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Try to choose View->Repositories, select the KDE repo, and click on "Switch system packages to the versions from this repo" above the package list, or run "zypper dup --from xxx", as described here:
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Vendor_c..._Vendor_change

    And you need to logout/login of course to fully use the newly installed version.

    If that still doesn't help, please post your repo list:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Btw, it should be KDE 4.14, not 4.13...
    Switching vendor is available so I think It is the solution! I will try later because at the moment I am on the train but I think It's gooing to work.

    Thank you guys!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Problem with KDE factory repo

    On 2014-09-10 22:06, vixxo wrote:
    >
    > Hi guys, I've updated to KDE factory using the kde-factory repository
    > found here http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repositories#I_want_to... ,
    > I've done zypper ref and zypper dup, updated few packages but I'm still
    > on 4.11 instead of 4.13.


    you could post your repository list. Please run this command in a terminal:

    Code:
    zypper lr --details
    and paste it all here, from initial command prompt, to last command
    prompt, in a single mouse sweep, and please do so inside code tags (the
    '#' button in the forum editor).




    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •