Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

  1. #1

    Default Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    I used to use Flash Video Downloader extension for Firefox to download as mp3 audio files from Youtube. I recently updated the extension, though it had been a while since I last used it. Now I notice that while there are options for downloading as video, there's no longer any option to download as mp3.

    So I tried some other Firefox extensions and even some online websites for the task. In general they did download the mp3 audio from the Youtube video, but with a quite lower default volume, or would it be quality? (I have to set speakers higher to listen the files).

    1. What happened to Flash Video Downloader mp3 option?

    2. For the other options, is it normal that files download with lower volume or is it Youtube's doing?

    Thanks beforehand.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,547

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    as far as I know all youtube audio is aac stereo.
    In Video Download helper you need to select "Download and Convert"
    There are three .mp3 options there - mp3, mp3-192 & mp3-HQ

    This is what I see in download helper 4.9.23

    edit: sorry - just noticed it's a different addon.
    Anyway - video download helper will download and convert youtube aac audio to mp3 at one of the qualities I mentioned.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,273
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    FYI - If you're interested in an alternative,
    I've been happy for quite awhile with JDownloader.
    Is not a browser plugin, but a standalone app.

    It's a Java app, so is ridiculously big, but it works well.

    It will generally auto recognize and import any valid URLs in Clipboard
    It gives you the opportunity to inspect and select any/all of the individual streams (including MP3).
    It will download at any rate you wish, can be paused and resumed.
    You can queue multiple downloads.

    Some might find the instructions I wrote how to install on LXDE useful for installing in other Desktops as well, in particular the command for invoking the app
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/LXDE-Main_Menu

    TSU

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,004

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    I personally use a program called Clipgrab ( http://clipgrab.de/ ) which can save as FLV, MP4, MP3 etc.
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stoney Stanton - England
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    Another vote for Clipgrab here (from the packman repo)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    Try
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...iffojpinpmmpil

    It is somewhat annoying at times, but works
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  7. #7

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    Thanks all very much, but actually I'm not interested in alternatives. Well, actually I may give Video DownloadHelper a try, but I don't like stand alone apps. I'd prefer add-ons or websites for these kind of things.

    Besides, seems neither of my 2 original questions from the first post is still answered. Or is it that there's actually no answer? (I'm sure Flash Video Downloader used to have the "download as mp3" option when downloading from Youtube...)

    P.S.:Mr Caf, I actually don't like Chrome, once it gave me few worse issues than Firefox itself. But thanks anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,547

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    Quote Originally Posted by F_style View Post
    Besides, seems neither of my 2 original questions from the first post is still answered. Or is it that there's actually no answer? (I'm sure Flash Video Downloader used to have the "download as mp3" option when downloading from Youtube...).
    this is the most likely place to get your questions answered . . .

    http://www.flashvideodownloader.org/fvd-suite/page/contacts

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    Quote Originally Posted by F_style View Post
    Thanks all very much, but actually I'm not interested in alternatives. Well, actually I may give Video DownloadHelper a try, but I don't like stand alone apps. I'd prefer add-ons or websites for these kind of things.

    Besides, seems neither of my 2 original questions from the first post is still answered. Or is it that there's actually no answer? (I'm sure Flash Video Downloader used to have the "download as mp3" option when downloading from Youtube...)

    P.S.:Mr Caf, I actually don't like Chrome, once it gave me few worse issues than Firefox itself. But thanks anyway.
    Is also avail for ff
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...views/?src=api
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Downloading mp3 from Youtube...

    On 2014-09-03 17:16, tsu2 wrote:
    >
    > FYI - If you're interested in an alternative,
    > I've been happy for quite awhile with JDownloader.
    > Is not a browser plugin, but a standalone app.


    I know and use it, but... does it handle youtube? I had no idea.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •