Issues regarding GNOME and Mate desktops

Sir recently I have bought Toshiba satellite laptop and I have installed opensuse 13.1 on it. Everything is working fine and I am happy with its performance except the following.

In gnome desktop I have added some applications to the favourite menu and the favourite menu is not displaying properly I mean when I launch the desktop the favourite menu is going left bottom of the screen. The second issue is I am unable to switch between applications properly I mean the screen flickers continuously.

When I launch the mate desktop an unknown application is replicating itself and launching those apps indefinitely.

I have installed the same OS on another system ie., desktop and found none of the above.

kindly analyze the issue and suggest the solution.

Regards,
Rupesh.

It says at the top of this forum and at the top of this thread:
Please don’t ask product questions here
and further:

This forum is NOT for asking questions, but contains submissions to be reviewed and potentially moved to the How To/FAQ area. …

Further, it is not ancouraged to post several questions in one thread. Please one question per thread and with a good telling title (remember you must “advertise” and attrackt the best people to your specific question!) and in the correct forum (else the correct people will never see it).

So this thread is CLOSED and will be moved to Applications.

Moved from Unreviewed Howto and FAQ and open again.