Thread: skype4.3's bug with no-latin character

Default skype4.3's bug with no-latin character

opensuse13.1 gnome 64bit
    QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
    QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed

inputting unicode characters in skype became impossible.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19768

Blog Entries

Default Re: skype4.3's bug with no-latin character

Your referenced bug applies to using a 32-bit libarary.
    I haven't looked at Skype on Linux recently to determine whether the 64bit version uses 32-bit libararies.

Recommend
    - Verify you're trying to install the correct version Skype
    - State where you installed Skype from, ie a repository or from the Skype website and whether you installed from source.
    If you installed an RPM package from somewhere, you can display information about it using the following command
    Code:
    zypper info skype
    - You should describe your system's kernel, distro and Desktop, you can use the following command
    Code:
    cat /etc/*release | grep PRETTY_NAME= && uname -a
    - You should state where the errors you descibe come from, ie from the application install console (STDOUT) or from syslog or from an install log. You should also enclose the error lines in CODE tags (the hash in the editor toolbar when you create a post)

After you're <certain> you have a bug, then you can then package up the info I descrbed above into a bug report you can submit at http://bugzilla.novell.com

TSU

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Your referenced bug applies to using a 32-bit libarary.
    I haven't looked at Skype on Linux recently to determine whether the 64bit version uses 32-bit libararies.

Recommend
    - Verify you're trying to install the correct version Skype
    - State where you installed Skype from, ie a repository or from the Skype website and whether you installed from source.
    If you installed an RPM package from somewhere, you can display information about it using the following command
    Code:
    zypper info skype
    - You should describe your system's kernel, distro and Desktop, you can use the following command
    Code:
    cat /etc/*release | grep PRETTY_NAME= && uname -a
    - You should state where the errors you descibe come from, ie from the application install console (STDOUT) or from syslog or from an install log. You should also enclose the error lines in CODE tags (the hash in the editor toolbar when you create a post)

After you're <certain> you have a bug, then you can then package up the info I descrbed above into a bug report you can submit at http://bugzilla.novell.com

TSU
    thank you ,i have reported the bug

The arch bug report you reference is over 4 years old.

AFAIK Skype is still 32 bit only so you may need to install some 32 libs.

Easiest way to see what is needed is to start skype from a command line it will then report any missing libs. You will need the 32 bit versions of the reported missing libs