Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Gramps 4.1.0

  1. #1

    Default Gramps 4.1.0

    Does anyone know if we can expect Gramps 4.1.0 to be integrated with OpenSuse 13.1 any time soon? (The current 4.0.1 has a few wee irritating bugs )

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    There seems to be version 4.0.4 in the GNOME:Apps and some have built 4.1.0 in their private repositories:
    Code:
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/gramps
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    Hello,

    it runs here without problems.
    You can install it from my repo here: 1-Click-Install

    But as a precaution make backup before.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ecsos View Post
    Hello,

    it runs here without problems.
    You can install it from my repo here: 1-Click-Install

    But as a precaution make backup before.
    Many thanks, that worked a treat



  5. #5

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    There seems to be version 4.0.4 in the GNOME:Apps and some have built 4.1.0 in their private repositories:
    Code:
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/gramps
    Gramps 4.0.4 is in Factory. But any attempt to install it seems not to work anyway....hmmm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by hnimmo View Post
    Gramps 4.0.4 is in Factory. But any attempt to install it seems not to work anyway....hmmm
    What? It's Build Service, not Factory.

    If you get errors trying to install it from the 12.3 Gnome:Apps Repository, post them here.

    Apparently you got it from Ecsos repo anyway so ignore this.
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

  7. #7

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    What? It's Build Service, not Factory.

    If you get errors trying to install it from the 12.3 Gnome:Apps Repository, post them here.

    Apparently you got it from Ecsos repo anyway so ignore this.
    Well, if I follow the link you gave (http://software.opensuse.org/package/gramps), I end up on page offering Gramps 4.0.1 (but not 4.0.4). Clicking on 'show other versions' leads me to a list where Gramps 4.0.4 is shown in OpenSuse Factory

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    You need to click on the "openSUSE 12.3" button then the "Unstable packages", the unstable is.. let's just say it's not a word they should use there. I don't know why they have it there.

    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

  9. #9

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    You need to click on the "openSUSE 12.3" button then the "Unstable packages", the unstable is.. let's just say it's not a word they should use there. I don't know why they have it there.
    Why Opensuse 12.3? I am running Opensuse 13.1?

    Would Gramps 4.0.4 integrated with OS 12.3 be sure to work on OS 13.1?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: Gramps 4.1.0

    My bad, I meant 13.1 - I was just helping someone who was using 12.3 and ermhhth,.. my brain is jello from all this heat. Apologies.

    Anyway, it's the same thing - it's listed under the unstable packages - just for 13.1, of course.
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

    .: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •