Thread: how to check if i run the newest version of digiKam ( under kde )

Default how to check if i run the newest version of digiKam ( under kde )

i run opensuse version 13.1 with digiKam Version 3.5.0 unter KDE 4.11.5

question: how to upgrade to the newest digiKam version

can i do this via comandline or YAST2 ?
    dilbert ;-)
    Wordpress-development - a Toolset: wpgear.org

Default Re: how to check if i run the newest version of digiKam ( under kde )

Quote Originally Posted by dilbertone View Post
    question: how to upgrade to the newest digiKam version

can i do this via comandline or YAST2 ?
    Yes, the latest digikam version is always available in the KDE:Extra repo.

If you haven't done so already, add it in YaST->Software Repositories->Add->Community Repositories, or with:
    Code:
    sudo zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_13.1 KDE:Extra
    Then install digikam 4.6.0 in YaST->Software Management (use the "Versions" tab below the package list), or with:
    Code:
    sudo zypper in -f --from KDE:Extra digikam
    Last edited by wolfi323; 02-Feb-2015 at 13:58.

hello dear Wolfi,

many thanks for the quick reply. Great to hear from you!

well i think that i run into some trouble... see the following results:

Code:
    Repository 'KDE:Extra' wird hinzugefügt ....................................................................................................................................[fertig]
    Repository 'KDE:Extra' erfolgreich hinzugefügt
    Aktiviert: Ja
    Autoaktualisierung: Nein
    GPG-Überprüfung: Ja
    URI: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_13.1

martin@linux-70ce:~> sudo zypper in -f --from KDE:Extra digikam
    Metadaten von Repository 'Packman' werden abgerufen ........................................................................................................................[fertig]
    Zwischenspeicher für Repository 'Packman' wird erzeugt .....................................................................................................................[fertig]

Neuen Signierungsschlüssel für Repository oder Paket erhalten:
    Schlüssel-ID: 27C070176F88BB2F
    Schlüsselname: KDE OBS Project <KDE@build.opensuse.org>
    Schlüsselfingerabdruck: 4E8E6DE2961F3083EAC5008627C070176F88BB2F
    Schlüssel erstellt: So 31 Aug 2014 16:06:11 CEST
    Schlüssel läuft ab: Di 08 Nov 2016 15:06:11 CET
    Repository: KDE:Extra

Wollen Sie den Schlüssel (a)bweisen, ihm (t)emporär oder (i)mmer vertrauen? [a/t/i/? zeigt alle Optionen] (a): i
    Zwischenspeicher für Repository 'KDE:Extra' wird erzeugt ...................................................................................................................[fertig]
    Daten des Repositories laden ...
    Installierte Pakete lesen ...
    Installation von 'digikam-4.6.0-36.1.i586' aus Repository 'KDE:Extra' wird erzwungen.
    Paketabhängigkeiten auflösen ...

Problem: digikam-4.6.0-36.1.i586 benötigt kipi-plugins >= 4.6.0, was aber nicht angeboten werden kann
      Nicht installierbare Anbieter: kipi-plugins-4.6.0-36.1.i586[KDE:Extra]
    Lösung 1: Folgende Aktionen werden ausgeführt:
      kipi-plugins-4.6.0-36.1.i586 installieren (mit Anbieterwechsel)
        openSUSE --> obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
      libkface3-4.6.0-36.1.i586 installieren (mit Anbieterwechsel)
      libkgeomap2-4.6.0-36.1.i586 installieren (mit Anbieterwechsel)
      kipi-plugins-acquireimage-4.6.0-36.1.i586 installieren (mit Anbieterwechsel)
      kipi-plugins-geolocation-4.6.0-36.1.i586 installieren (mit Anbieterwechsel)
      kipi-plugins-lang-4.6.0-36.1.noarch installieren (mit Anbieterwechsel)                                                                                                            
      libkgeomap-lang-4.6.0-36.1.noarch installieren (mit Anbieterwechsel)                                                                                                              
    Lösung 2: digikam-4.6.0-36.1.i586 nicht installieren                                                                                                                                
    Lösung 3: digikam-4.6.0-36.1.i586 beschädigen durch Ignorieren einiger Abhängigkeiten
    sorry for the German language.
    note: how can i tell my terminal - to talk english for all the time....!?
    dilbert ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dilbertone View Post
    hello dear Wolfi,

many thanks for the quick reply. Great to hear from you!

well i think that i run into some trouble... see the following results:
    Choose Solution 1, allow the vendor changes.
    zypper doesn't switch packages to other repos by default (I thought you knew that... ), you have to allow this explicitely.
    And digikam needs some other updated packages from KDE:Extra as well. Actually digikam is split up into a few packages, the kipi-plugins, libkface, and libkgeomap[/COLOR] are used by other applications as well (gwenview e.g.), and it would be bad if those other applications require you to install the whole digikam...

note: how can i tell my terminal - to talk english for all the time....!?
    E.g.:
    Code:
    export LANG=C
    This only applies for the current terminal/shell and all applications started from it.

For a single command, you can do this:
    Code:
    sudo LANG=C zypper in digikam
    You can use any other language you like, e.g. LANG=en for English, or LANG=en_us for American English specifically. LANG=C means to use the strings included in the applications themselves (normally english).

hello dear Wolfi

many thanks - now all digikam-things are updated.

you helped me alot

have a great day

greetings

dilbertone
    dilbert ;-)