Thread: LAMP: php scripts "pop up" in web browser

Smile LAMP: php scripts "pop up" in web browser

Hello

I have problem installing LAMP server on OpenSuSE 13.1. I installed it using pattern. Problem is that php files “not works”: after I type their address in web browser address bar, it just pops up window that offers me either to open it in some editor or download it. If I open it in Konqueror browser, php-script code shows up. How can I install it to work correctly?

Before started installation, I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0urzCaEjpI and saw that one package missing in Yast sellection: in that video mbstring is checked, but Yast in my computer did not auto-checked it before installation. According to this video I checked mbstring. What do I have to do to make LAMP server works correctly?

Thank you for answer my question.

Regards

Default Re: LAMP: php scripts "pop up" in web browser

Quote Originally Posted by Vajcek View Post
    Hello

I have problem installing LAMP server on OpenSuSE 13.1. I installed it using pattern. Problem is that php files “not works”: after I type their address in web browser address bar, it just pops up window that offers me either to open it in some editor or download it. If I open it in Konqueror browser, php-script code shows up. How can I install it to work correctly?
    Most likely you either don't have the PHP module installed, or it is not enabled.

Check that the package "apache2-mod_php5" is installed.
    Post the output of:
    Code:
    a2enmod -l
    If it doesn't include "php5", run this to enable it and restart apache2.service (or reboot):
    Code:
    a2enmod php5

Smile Re: LAMP: php scripts "pop up" in web browser

This solved my problem. Thank you very much!