Thread: KDE Password Change

Default KDE Password Change

I'm using KDE with the password provided during installation (as root password too)

if I want to change it, it is better to do it in Configure Desktop/Account Details or in YaST/User and Group Management?

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE Password Change

Quote Originally Posted by cicerone View Post
    I'm using KDE with the password provided during installation (as root password too)

if I want to change it, it is better to do it in Configure Desktop/Account Details or in YaST/User and Group Management?
    It probably doesn't matter.

Personally, I would just use the command:
    Code:
    passwd
    at a terminal.

On second thoughts -- to use Yast User management, you first have to become root. An ordinary user who does not know the root password can still change his own password, either at the command line or with KDE.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5.18.5;

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    It probably doesn't matter.

Personally, I would just use the command:
    Code:
    passwd
    at a terminal.

On second thoughts -- to use Yast User management, you first have to become root. An ordinary user who does not know the root password can still change his own password, either at the command line or with KDE.
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by cicerone View Post
    Thanks a lot
    BTW, to add to your background information, this is NOT a KDE password, this is the password of the user. It is a Unix/Linux feature. You need it to login, regardless if it is on the CLI or in the GUI and the latter regardless if it is KDE, Gnome, or whatever.
    Henk van Velden