Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: openSUSE - The Way Forward

Default Re: openSUSE - The Way Forward

Run a zypper dup on a VM factory 13.2 today, -how nice to see some new colours/themes! What ever it will be in the end I will accept it (even if I prefer darker colours as mentioned before) .

But teasers like this keep up the interest for people like me that are not only interested in what's behind (under?) the hood.

regards
    Last edited by jonte1; 11-Sep-2014 at 07:05. Reason: spellchecking (dont laught)
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Installed snapshot20140915(KDE) of 13.2 Factory today. I still have problem (to like) with this green "accent". Some people says that I'm partly colour blind . Another thing that I see is the "new" YaST2 and new icons there, -sort of remind me of Gnome2. I cant explain why that thought came up. Personal opinions of course .

regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Have been following with great interest the effort put in by a sponsored car (openSUSEmobile ?) and travel to attend a booth on Linux related events.

I and others like to read/see what we like to do, the Geeko (seen from behind) is it a mutant moose-Geeko with this yellow horns?

With a blink in my eye.

regards

I feel like if there are two things openSUSE has missed out on most compared to Linux contemporaries, it has been advertising and images. There are some non-geeks that may have heard of Ubuntu, but not the back-end, the same is true in an even bigger way with Android. Both Mageia, Elementary and Linux Mint have made huge headway into improving the image of FOS operating systems (by which the website design, promotional videos, and other media). openSUSE on the other hand has kinda stood by the wayside...still a polished platform but with a vision that would put most people to sleep.

Something is needed to make 'SUSE something people can relate to like they can with the up-and-comers of today. The first step? Clean up this site. A Wiki is great but it should not be the front-end that everyone has to shift through to get information. A more stylish navigation system for the basic features, screenshots and links is what I think could be a catalyst for brand revitalisation.

Yep, but as i understood, manpower is always an issue. But if you have any idea how to tackle the issue, please, do join in the conversation.
    Running openSUSE Leap 42.3 + KDE

Discard what I wrote above, I think I'm taking the whole thing a tad too seriously. On another note, is there any possibility of an English version of the SUSE box? Is there enough demand compared to a German version? Is there demand for broader retail distribution than on just one site?

On 2014-09-29 12:06, Paspie wrote:
    >
    > Discard what I wrote above, I think I'm taking the whole thing a tad too
    > seriously. On another note, is there any possibility of an English
    > version of the SUSE box? Is there enough demand compared to a German
    > version? Is there demand for broader retail distribution than on just
    > one site?

To my knowledge, there was one business doing it. They even gave some
    phone/email support. But I think they disappeared, not heard of them on
    an long time. I don't remember the name... :-? slox?

If they existed still, the link would be on
    http://shop.opensuse.org/, and it is not...

Pity.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456