Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13.1 - NVIDIA, libGL renderer problem

Default Re: 13.1 - NVIDIA, libGL renderer problem

Quote Originally Posted by joba1 View Post
    Found an even better solution with LD_LIBRARY_PATH (if you remove Mesa-libGL1 you can no longer compile xbmc aka kodi!)

I wanted to suggest something similar: Starting it with "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib64/libGL.so.1 xbmc" should work as well I think, i.e. preload nvidia's libGL.

So I think what's happening is that xbmc somehow doesn't respect (or even overrides) the standard dynamic linker/loader path.
    This would also explain why back then installing the latest Beta version of the nvidia driver via the .run installer seemed to fix the problem.
    The .run installer really overwrites /usr/lib(64)/libGL.so.1 AFAIK, whereas the RPM packages don't.
    They install it to a different location (/usr/X11R6/lib(64)/) and add the file nvidia-gfxG03.conf to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ to tell the dynamic linker/loader to prefer that location.

Good idea.
    Might be even worth a bug report I'd say.

IMHO this has to be a bug in xbmc/kodi, as all other stuff just works.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, the OP never reported back whether a newer nvidia driver eventually fixed his problem or not.
    It did not solve my problem. I had some other problems (most importantly, I could not get my cable capture card working), so I gave up trying to use OpenSUSE and switched my HTPC over to Mythbuntu. I still dual boot to OpenSUSE on my desktop machine, but Mythbuntu works much better for a HTPC for me.

Discussed this with team kodi member wsnipex: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15497

Conclusion:
    The kodi binary has an elf RUNPATH of /usr/lib64 defined on opensuse (only). This overrides ld.so.cache but can still be overridden by LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
    Kodi uses libsmbclient which demands this RUNPATH in its pc file.

So, we are back at opensuse: Why does it need the explicit RUNPATH for the libsmbclient-devel package? This does not make sense to me, since it does not point to a special library but just to the system default libs.

Conclusion:
    The kodi binary has an elf RUNPATH of /usr/lib64 defined on opensuse (only). This overrides ld.so.cache but can still be overridden by LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
    Kodi uses libsmbclient which demands this RUNPATH in its pc file.
    Indeed.

So, we are back at opensuse: Why does it need the explicit RUNPATH for the libsmbclient-devel package? This does not make sense to me, since it does not point to a special library but just to the system default libs.
    No idea.
    But AFAICT this seems to come from upstream Samba, not openSUSE.
    The upstream source tarball contains this source3/libsmb/smbclient.pc.in :
    Code:
    prefix=@prefix@
    exec_prefix=@exec_prefix@
    libdir=@libdir@
    includedir=@includedir@

Name: smbclient
    Description: A SMB library interface
    Version: @PACKAGE_VERSION@
    Libs: @LIB_RPATH@ -L${libdir} -lsmbclient
    Cflags: -I${includedir}
    URL: http://www.samba.org/
    The actual value of @LIB_RPATH@ might depend on the build options though, or it might come from automake.
    Probably an openSUSE bug report against samba would be a good starting point.

At least we know the real reason for this issue now, so thanks already!
    Last edited by wolfi323; 23-Oct-2014 at 08:53.

Already created the ticket: http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=902421
    But I agree, quite clearly upstream.

After reading this topic a few times, I am starting to understand the problem.
    I have exact this issue on openSUSE 13.1 64 bit, after I installed an nvidia card.

Before on openSUSE 13.1, with an amd card, xbmc worked fine.

Can somebody explain to me though, the link part ?
    Were and how to add that link, so xmbc will use the right lib ?

For now my problem is solved.

I went into yast removed nvidia driver.

Then ctrl + alt + F5

su
    password

init 3

root
    password

go to the folder were the downloaded run file is.

sh NVIDIA......run

Follow instructions

( it seems if you want to have nouveau working again, you need to reboot before you continue, but I did not )

Already created the ticket: http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=902421
    But I agree, quite clearly upstream.
    Good news!
    A samba update including a fix for this issue has been released today for 13.1 and 13.2.

So xbmc (or rather kodi, as it is named now) should work fully now even with openSUSE's nvidia driver packages.

The Packman package is currently beeing rebuilt against the updated samba, so unless there are problems this should be fixed with the next Packman update, tomorrow at the latest I suppose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123