Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: system monitor Temperature in Degrees

  1. #1

    Default system monitor Temperature in Degrees

    Hello

    I've noticed that there is a integrated system monitor for opensuse 13.1, and it seems to be quite nice.
    The sad thing about it is, it shows Temperature in Fahrenheit.

    I did not find a way to change that in that panel directly, yet is there maybe a system file? so that one could enter the conversion factor?

    With regards

  2. #2

    Default Re: system monitor Temperature in Degrees

    Quote Originally Posted by carborane View Post
    I've noticed that there is a integrated system monitor for opensuse 13.1, and it seems to be quite nice.
    The sad thing about it is, it shows Temperature in Fahrenheit.

    I did not find a way to change that in that panel directly, yet is there maybe a system file? so that one could enter the conversion factor?
    Which Desktop Environment and what system monitor are you talking about?
    If in doubt, post a screenshot. (upload it to a image sharing site like http://susepaste.org/ and post a link)

    On my systems (KDE4) the "integrated system monitor" displays the temperatures in Celsius.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 21-Jun-2014 at 02:10.

  3. #3

    Default Re: system monitor Temperature in Degrees



    gimp is so messy for small work. isnt there also something simple as paint in MSWindows?

  4. #4

    Default AW: Re: system monitor Temperature in Degrees

    Quote Originally Posted by carborane View Post
    gimp is so messy for small work. isnt there also something simple as paint in MSWindows?
    Try Kolourpaint. It's not installed by default, but is in the standard repos.
    And for a screenshot you can use KSnapshot, or just press the "PrtScr" key on your keyboard...

    Ok, so this is KDE and the standard system monitor plasmoid.
    As I said, this displays the temperature in Celsius for me:


    This is decided by your Locale settings in "Configure Desktop"->"Locale".
    In particular, set the "Measurement system" to "Metric System" on the "Other..." tab (instead of "Imperial System").

    And better check first that your country is set correctly on the "Country" tab...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 21-Jun-2014 at 03:17. Reason: added link

  5. #5

    Default Re: system monitor Temperature in Degrees

    yep, now it works. strange, i thought i set country setting to my location.
    but maybe it was because of the unit system.

    ok now it works. thanks!

  6. #6

    Default Re: system monitor Temperature in Degrees

    Quote Originally Posted by carborane View Post
    yep, now it works. strange, i thought i set country setting to my location.
    but maybe it was because of the unit system.
    Well, you can set both independently. F.e. you could set the country to USA (which has "Imperial System") and then change the Measurement system to "Metric" even so.
    But if you change the country, all other settings should be set automatically to the country's default.

    ok now it works. thanks!
    You're welcome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •