Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: questions about paraview installation

Default Re: questions about paraview installation

Hi thanks again, I make it work already, you really help a lot, this software uses 3D controller, so I need to make the discrete graphic card (nvidia)work, and Bumblebee is able to make both nvidia and inter card work together and save the energy at the same time. Thanks,
    and as you know I am new to Linux, could you please recommend me some good books or video to help me understand the how does Linux work, and further more, I need to use it with the scientific research in simulation field, so do you have any experience to share with me.
    thanks again

Default Re: questions about paraview installation

Quote Originally Posted by hongzheng6027 View Post
    Hi thanks again, I make it work already, you really help a lot, this software uses 3D controller, so I need to make the discrete graphic card (nvidia)work, and Bumblebee is able to make both nvidia and inter card work together and save the energy at the same time. Thanks,
    Good to hear!

and as you know I am new to Linux, could you please recommend me some good books or video to help me understand the how does Linux work, and further more, I need to use it with the scientific research in simulation field, so do you have any experience to share with me.
    thanks again
    Well, not really, sorry.

As for books, it depends on what about you want to know exactly.
    The online help should be a good place to start. In KDE you can find it in the K-Menu->Help.
    Most programs have a Help menu where you can reach their manual.
    And there's always the man pages for terminal commands, f.e.:
    Code:
    man zypper
    Here's the openSUSE documentation, that should tell you a lot about openSUSE and Linux in general:
    http://doc.opensuse.org/
    You can also download that as PDF if you want to.
    Other than that, I guess you should just ask concrete questions in the appropriate sub forums here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12