Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: One core always at 100%

  1. #1

    Default One core always at 100%

    I had some problems installing Opensuse 13.1 on my Acer Aspire V5 laptop, not being able to log in only on text mode(no Gnome or other G.U.I only in recovery mode). After installing fglrx drivers all went well except that when I launch certain apps such as Settings (Gnome settings) or Chrome one core is always at 100%. I have a Acer Asprire V5-552G. Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: One core always at 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielmihaistoian View Post
    I had some problems installing Opensuse 13.1 on my Acer Aspire V5 laptop, not being able to log in only on text mode(no Gnome or other G.U.I only in recovery mode). After installing fglrx drivers all went well except that when I launch certain apps such as Settings (Gnome settings) or Chrome one core is always at 100%. I have a Acer Asprire V5-552G. Thanks!
    What graphics card/driver?

  3. #3

    Default Re: One core always at 100%

    I have a AMD A10-5757M APU, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 8750M, the fglrx drivers are installer from the opensuse website.

  4. #4

    Default Re: One core always at 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielmihaistoian View Post
    I have a AMD A10-5757M APU, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 8750M, the fglrx drivers are installer from the opensuse website.
    Please install "Mesa-demo-x" and post the output of:
    Code:
    glxinfo|grep render
    This should show whether the driver is actually working/used.

    Also check _which_ process is hogging the CPU. Use "top" f.e. or GNOME's system-monitor.

  5. #5

    Default Re: One core always at 100%

    So the output for :
    Code:
    glxinfo|grep render
    is:
    Code:
    direct rendering: Yes
    OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M
        GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_NV_copy_image, 
        GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_NV_copy_image,
    I used
    Code:
    top
    the processes that are over using the cpu are always these particular aps themselves such as chrome, gnome system settings and even the adm catalyst contrl center.

    Code:
     PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
     4209 dan       20   0  468688 122456  82464 S 99.60 1.621   0:35.80 chrome

  6. #6

    Default Re: One core always at 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielmihaistoian View Post
    So the output for :
    Code:
    glxinfo|grep render
    is:
    Code:
    direct rendering: Yes
    OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M
        GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_NV_copy_image, 
        GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_NV_copy_image,
    Looks ok.

    So you're using GNOME?
    I'm not too familiar with that, sorry.

    Does that problem also occur in Recovery Mode? ("Advanced Options" in the boot menu)
    Maybe try the latest Beta version of fglrx, it is also available as RPM:
    http://lizards.opensuse.org/2014/03/...rpms-released/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •