Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: I think there is some script broken

  1. #1

    Exclamation I think there is some script broken

    I don't know if it's a real bug in opensuse 13.1 x64, but some script is generating a folder with strange name "%{LOGFILEDIR" and a file named as "}" with root permission, no problem to delete both but they will come back again, I think something is broken somewhere...

    Is there some way to find it???

    Thanks in advance,
    Edwin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,804

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    You posted to the wrong place please asked to be moved to a more appropriate locations. Use the triangle at bottom of the text window to alert a moderator and ask to be moved.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,788

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    This is CLOSED and will be moved to Applications.
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,788

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    This is CLOSED and will be moved to Applications.
    Moved from Unreviewed Howto and FAQ and open again.
    Henk van Velden

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,788

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    Hello and welcome here.

    Please always try to use the (sub)forunm that fits best to your problem. The Unreviewed Howto and FAQ, where it says in bold script: "Do not ask technical Questions here" isn't the right place to ask technical questions.

    Then you tell a story, but we like to see computer facts. Thus when you say there is a "folder" and a "file", please post the output of the command
    Code:
    ls -l
    of the directory and the file showing them and their properties. Then we can see for ourselves.

    Because you are new here and thus unaware how to post these computer texts in the way as I showed you here, use the # button in the tool bar of the post editor to get CODE tags in your post. Then copy/paste from your terminal the prompt, the command, the output and the next prompt in between te CODE tags.
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesuse View Post
    I don't know if it's a real bug in opensuse 13.1 x64, but some script is generating a folder with strange name "%{LOGFILEDIR" and a file named as "}" with root permission, no problem to delete both but they will come back again, I think something is broken somewhere...

    Is there some way to find it???
    Obviously something is creating a log directory named "%{LOGFILEDIR }" instead of "%{LOGFILEDIR}" (i.e. there's a superfluous space).
    You might find it by grepping all files on your hard disk for that string.
    Maybe start in the cron directories:
    Code:
    grep -R "%{LOGFILEDIR }" /etc/cron*
    This should find it in any case, but will take looong:
    Code:
    grep -R "%{LOGFILEDIR }" /
    But maybe the content of those files ("%{LOGFILEDIR" and/or "}") would give a clue to what creates them?

    Btw, I haven't seen this on my systems.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 07-Jun-2014 at 12:10.

  7. #7

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesuse View Post
    I don't know if it's a real bug in opensuse 13.1 x64, but some script is generating a folder with strange name "%{LOGFILEDIR" and a file named as "}" with root permission, no problem to delete both but they will come back again, I think something is broken somewhere...

    Is there some way to find it???

    Thanks in advance,
    Edwin
    On my system, these folders appear at runtime of applet to update the OS, and how to fix it I do not know also.
    ... and this folders always is empty.

  8. #8

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    Quote Originally Posted by valerik View Post
    On my system, these folders appear at runtime of applet to update the OS, and how to fix it I do not know also.
    And what Desktop Environment are you using?
    I don't see them on any of my (KDE) systems.

    So I doubt that's a bug in KDE's update applet or PackageKit.

    ... and this folders always is empty.
    Of course.
    Because they are not intentionally created and therefore are not used for anything.

  9. #9

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    And what Desktop Environment are you using?
    I don't see them on any of my (KDE) systems.

    So I doubt that's a bug in KDE's update applet or PackageKit.


    Of course.
    Because they are not intentionally created and therefore are not used for anything.
    KDE forever... )
    I think you're right...
    And i don't know a moment when these folders were born first time...

  10. #10

    Default Re: I think there is some script broken

    Quote Originally Posted by valerik View Post
    KDE forever... )
    I think you're right...
    And i don't know a moment when these folders were born first time...
    Well, they _could_ be created by some buggy install script in some package.
    Have a look at the creation date/time of those folders, and then look into /var/log/zypp/history to see what package has been installed at that time.

    But this is just a guess.
    Another thing to try I already posted earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •