Link Java plugin to Chrome

Hi there!

I successful installed JRE on Opensuse 13.1 e set all up as the instructions in http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Installing_Java . Firefox works well and recognize the plugin. Although, Chrome can’t do it. I made a symbolic to /usr/java/jre1.7.0_55/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so in the folder /opt/google/chrome/plugins, restart Chrome and Java still not linked. (the “plugin” folder was created by me, as root)

Some tip?

Switch to Firefox.

See Java Doesn’t Work on Linux Google Chrome 35, Downgrade Required

Out of curiosity,
Which Java SE did you install, Java 7 or Java 8 (the current release, but won’t work with the instructions in the SDB)?

And, out of curiosity if you installed using the scripts I provided (links in the Discussion) which improve your installation in a number of ways. Following the actual SDB instructions will install Java but likely with some incomplete supporting documentation and paints you in a corner where you can run only Oracle Java and can’t switch between Oracle Java and other Java you may want to install.

TSU

Thanx rafter22. I switched! :^D

Hi tsu2!
I installed Java 7u60. I don’t find version 8 in its website! I followed the scripts and it runs successfully. The issue is just with Chrome, as reported by rafter22.

Thanx