Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I can say is....Wow!

Blog Entries

Default All I can say is....Wow!

I don't normally do his. I am certainly no web site developer or graphic designer, but this page was so awful I just had to.

Fair warning, there is blatant use of tables, gifs, buttons, oh yeah, and adds!

http://linux-audio.com/

Judge for yourself, but be warned, it's probably the worst website I have ever seen.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.

Default Re: All I can say is....Wow!

Ok, I'll bite - why is it bad?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BSDuser View Post
    Ok, I'll bite - why is it bad?
    Did ya look? I also did list the reasons I thought it was bad.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.

Blog Entries

My eyes didn't know where to go. It was overload. Way to much going on.

Blog Entries

Here is a screenshot of what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_R View Post
    My eyes didn't know where to go. It was overload. Way to much going on.

may I suggest a visit to ophthalmologist? seriously, or even neurologist.
    if you had issues looking at this site it might be a symptom of eye or brain disorder of some sort.

unless you where simply sarcastic when you said that.

with all do respect, that was not the worst site I have seen, not even by a long long shot.

it was some what busy and attention getting, but not the worst design I came across in the last month or so.

you want to see bad design, go check out ZD NET site.
    now that is worth of a horror movie title, it anyone ever decide to shoot one.

by comparison , your linked site was light weight, not overly busy and had none of the pop-ups and videos that play even if you block the pop-up and add-ons.

it does not have the floating windows and pop-ups that blank out half, if not most" of the main page just because they can.
    or a floating side bars that do the same for no other reason but just because they can.

PS>> like your sig. :-) but I think the better question would be

not "IF it can be done?" but "Should it be done at all?" :-D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vl1969 View Post
    may I suggest a visit to ophthalmologist? seriously, or even neurologist.
    if you had issues looking at this site it might be a symptom of eye or brain disorder of some sort.

unless you where simply sarcastic when you said that.

with all do respect, that was not the worst site I have seen, not even by a long long shot.

it was some what busy and attention getting, but not the worst design I came across in the last month or so.

you want to see bad design, go check out ZD NET site.
    now that is worth of a horror movie title, it anyone ever decide to shoot one.

by comparison , your linked site was light weight, not overly busy and had none of the pop-ups and videos that play even if you block the pop-up and add-ons.

it does not have the floating windows and pop-ups that blank out half, if not most" of the main page just because they can.
    or a floating side bars that do the same for no other reason but just because they can.

PS>> like your sig. :-) but I think the better question would be

not "IF it can be done?" but "Should it be done at all?" :-D
    I was not joking, and I have had my eyes checked. Just recently in fact. Neurologically, I am fine as well. In my opinion,that was the worst website I have ever seen. I have been to zdnet and didn't find it that bad.

Blog Entries

Here is a screenshot of what I mean.

Ouch! yeah, it's bad. It isn't the worst, but it's definitely not good. And it is no better with AdBlock Plus running, either!

I was in a site last night that would modify files for you and then allow you to download an MP3 extract from it and the site had advertisements with "Download" buttons on them above and bellow the actual, just textual download link.

I tried to use the site as a lesson for my son to make sure the link you click on is the one you want, and the dirty attempt by advertisers (and hackers) to get you to click on their links.
    "Linux provides freedom, problem is most users don't know what it is or how to use it." ~me
    Friends don't let Friends wear red shirts on away parties!
    Linux User #477531 | Danbury Area Computer Society (www.dacs.org)

Blog Entries

Judge for yourself, but be warned, it's probably the worst website I have ever seen.
    I've seen worse.

It was relatively tame, running "noscript" on firefox. I assume it is nastier if I allow scripting.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

On 2014-06-02, Jonathan R <Jonathan_R@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:
    > http://linux-audio.com/
    >
    > Judge for yourself, but be warned, it's probably the worst website I
    > have ever seen.

Promising! But just let me correct you:

> Linux audio
    >
    > Judge for yourself, but be warned, it's probably the worst thing in Linux I have ever seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast