Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: openSUSE 13.1 and Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01)

Default openSUSE 13.1 and Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01)

Hi,

believe you can help me, this is my computer configuration

ASUS FC550CC-XX675H
    openSUSE 13.1 64bit
    kernel 3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default
    LED 15,6"
    Intel Core i3-3217U - 4GB di RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GT720M 2GB
    1TB Hard Disk,DVD dual layer, webcam, WiFi, HDMI, 2 USB, bluetooth, card reader

by running the command

Code:
    lspci
    I got:

Code:
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev c4)
    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
    00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
    01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M] (rev a1)
    03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
    04:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01)
    04:00.2 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0a)

But I can not install the driver closest from here:

http://software.opensuse.org/package/rts5229

When I download the package, Apper

Code:
    Error talking to packagekitd.
    and running the rpmbuild --rebuild rts5229-1.07-4.11.src.rpm command gives me error:

Code:
    Installazione di rts5229-1.07-4.11.src.rpm in corso
    avvertimento: rts5229-1.07-4.11.src.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, ID chiave c86537de: NOKEY
    errore: linea 28: I token delle dipendenze devono iniziare per alfanumerico, '_' o '/': BuildRequires:  %kernel_module_package_buildreqs
    Thanks

Default Re: openSUSE 13.1 and Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01)

Quote Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    ASUS FC550CC-XX675H
    openSUSE 13.1 64bit
    kernel 3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default
    openSUSE 13.1 does not have kernel 3.14.4.
    Where do you have that from?
    Kernel:stable? Or are you using Tumbleweed in fact?

But I can not install the driver closest from here:

http://software.opensuse.org/package/rts5229

When I download the package, Apper

Code:
    Error talking to packagekitd.
    Yes, you cannot use Apper to compile or install a src rpm. You cannot really "install" a src rpm anyway.

and running the rpmbuild --rebuild rts5229-1.07-4.11.src.rpm command gives me error:

Code:
    Installazione di rts5229-1.07-4.11.src.rpm in corso
    avvertimento: rts5229-1.07-4.11.src.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, ID chiave c86537de: NOKEY
    errore: linea 28: I token delle dipendenze devono iniziare per alfanumerico, '_' o '/': BuildRequires:  %kernel_module_package_buildreqs
    Please post the output in english. Not everybody here speaks Italian.

Code:
    LANG=C rpmbuild --rebuild rts5229-1.07-4.11.src.rpm
    Apparently it is a problem with the %kernel_module_package_buildreqs macro though.
    Do you have the appropriate kernel-syms for your kernel installed?
    From the package's description:
    This package is needed for compiling kernel module packages with proper
    package dependencies.
    Try to unpack and compile the source directly, you should find it in ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/.

Default Re: openSUSE 13.1 and Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    openSUSE 13.1 does not have kernel 3.14.4.
    Where do you have that from?
    Kernel:stable? Or are you using Tumbleweed in fact?
    This is my repo "kernel-default" but I don't remember is Tumbleweed or not
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/

from here:
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/kernel-default

Please post the output in english. Not everybody here speaks Italian.
    Sorry , I forgot to translate...

Code:
    Installing rts5229-1:07-4.11.src.rpm in progress 
    Warning: rts5229-1:07-4.11.src.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID c86537de: NOKEY
    error: line 28: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric,  '_' or '/': BuildRequires:% kernel_module_package_buildreqs
    Apparently it is a problem with the %kernel_module_package_buildreqs macro though.
    Do you have the appropriate kernel-syms for your kernel installed?
    From the package's description:

Try to unpack and compile the source directly, you should find it in ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/.
    I tried to compile with make, but
    Code:
    make
    cp -f ./define.release ./define.h 
    cp: can not stat of  ". / define.release": File or directory does not exist 
    make: *** [default] Error 1

[QUOTE=Mahler;2644996]This is my repo "kernel-default" but I don't remember is Tumbleweed or not
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/

from here:
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/kernel-default

Sorry , I forgot to translate...

Code:
    Installing rts5229-1:07-4.11.src.rpm in progress 
    Warning: rts5229-1:07-4.11.src.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID c86537de: NOKEY
    error: line 28: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric,  '_' or '/': BuildRequires:% kernel_module_package_buildreqs
    Apparently there is an offending space between the '%' and the rest. Try to remove that in the spec file.
    Or is that just a typo in your post? I don't see that space in the package on OBS.

I tried to compile with make, but
    Code:
    make
    cp -f ./define.release ./define.h 
    cp: can not stat of  ". / define.release": File or directory does not exist 
    make: *** [default] Error 1
    Apparently the file define.release is missing in the archive. But define.debug is there, so try "make debug" instead of just "make".

But AFAICS that pakage does not build for Factory (kernel 4.14) anyway. No idea about the kernel from 13.1 (3.11), it builds for 12.3 though.
    You would need to patch it I suppose, but I don't know how.

Apparently there is an offending space between the '%' and the rest. Try to remove that in the spec file.
    Or is that just a typo in your post? I don't see that space in the package on OBS.
    Sorry , I forgot the space

Apparently the file define.release is missing in the archive. But define.debug is there, so try "make debug" instead of just "make".
    also make debug fail

Code:
    cp -f ./define.debug ./define.h
    cp: can not remove "./define.h": Permission denied 
    make: *** [debug] Error 1
    But AFAICS that pakage does not build for Factory (kernel 4.14) anyway. No idea about the kernel from 13.1 (3.11), it builds for 12.3 though.
    You would need to patch it I suppose, but I don't know how.
    thank you anyway

Default AW: Re: openSUSE 13.1 and Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01)

Sorry , I forgot the space
    ???
    You _forgot_ the space?
    In the error message is a space too much...

also make debug fail

Code:
    cp: can not remove "./define.h": Permission denied 
    make: *** [debug] Error 1
    Try to run that as root, either use "su" or "sudo".
    Apparently you don't have write permissions to ./define.h.

Default Re: AW: Re: openSUSE 13.1 and Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01)

???
    You _forgot_ the space?
    In the error message is a space too much...
    yes, I forgot to delete this space after my translation from italian

Try to run that as root, either use "su" or "sudo".
    Apparently you don't have write permissions to ./define.h.
    su
    make debug

Code:
    make -C /lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/build/ SUBDIRS= modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/build'
    make [1]: *** No rule to generate the target "modules". Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/build'
    make: *** [debug] Errore 2

yes, I forgot to delete this space after my translation from italian
    Ah, ok.

su
    make debug

Code:
    make -C /lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/build/ SUBDIRS= modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/build'
    make [1]: *** No rule to generate the target "modules". Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/build'
    make: *** [debug] Errore 2
    You don't seem to have the necessary kernel development packages installed.
    Please install kernel-syms matching to you kernel as I already wrote. You might need kernel-source as well.
    And try to run "make prepare" or "make modules" inside the kernel source directory (/usr/src/linux)

OTOH, according to http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/MFD_RTSX_PCI.html, a driver for that reader should already be contained in the standard kernel.
    Can you please run this and post the output?
    Code:
    /sbin/modinfo rtsx_pci
    Does it work with the standard 13.1 kernel maybe? (3.11)

Please install kernel-syms matching to you kernel as I already wrote. You might need kernel-source as well.
    And try to run "make prepare" or "make modules" inside the kernel source directory (/usr/src/linux)
    I have some problem with Yast, it does not install the packages. Usually happens when I have to try again after some time.

OTOH, according to http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/MFD_RTSX_PCI.html, a driver for that reader should already be contained in the standard kernel.
    Can you please run this and post the output?
    Code:
    /sbin/modinfo rtsx_pci
    Does it work with the standard 13.1 kernel maybe? (3.11)
    I did update the kernel because I've read that new kernel on ibrid intel/nvidia video card increasing battery life on laptop

This is the output of /sbin/modinfo rtsx_pci
    Code:
    # /sbin/modinfo rtsx_pci
    filename:       /lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/kernel/drivers/mfd/rtsx_pci.ko
    description:    Realtek PCI-E Card Reader Driver
    author:         Wei WANG <wei_wang@realsil.com.cn>
    license:        GPL
    srcversion:     C8107BAF45FBD86B956C2F4
    alias:          pci:v000010ECd00005286sv*sd*bcFFsc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010ECd00005287sv*sd*bcFFsc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010ECd00005249sv*sd*bcFFsc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010ECd00005227sv*sd*bcFFsc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010ECd00005289sv*sd*bcFFsc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010ECd00005229sv*sd*bcFFsc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010ECd00005209sv*sd*bcFFsc*i*
    depends:        mfd-core
    intree:         Y
    vermagic:       3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default SMP mod_unload modversions 
    parm:           msi_en:Enable MSI (bool)

But my SD card reader does not read anything...
    How can I reinstall this rtsx_pci.ko driver? or How can downgrade the kernel?

Error in Yast2:
    Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: unpacking of archive failed on file /lib/modules/3.14.4-2.gbebeb6f-default/build: cpio: rename failed - Is a directory

error: kernel-default-devel-3.14.4-2.1.gbebeb6f.x86_64: install failed

Repo (from here: http://software.opensuse.org/package...rm=kernel-syms) for 3.14.4 kernel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast