How to install opensuse-arm-xfce-12.3 on Lenovo A3000 tab

Sir recently I have bought Lenovo A3000 tab which is having android version 4.2.2 and 16 GB internal memory, 1.2 giga hertz quad core processor and 1GB ram.

I want to use opensuse on my tab so I have downloaded the file opensuse-arm-xfce-12.3.tar.xz I have extracted successfully it and found .IMG file and opensuse.sh file.

Kindly suggest how to install the above os in my tab with dual booting ie., opensuse and android.

I am expecting the two operating systems to be on 16 GB internal memory and so suggest how to partition the internal memory.

I have searched the net and followed the procedure which is too difficult to understand even though I have performed some of the steps like becoming root, installing busy box,complete Linux installer etc.,.

when I launch the complete Linux installer app it is showing message as unable to mount the image loop device not working.

Regards,
Rupesh.

wow, it looks like everybody ran to help! sorry, but I only know how to install it on a normal PC… did you get sorted in the end? If so, I’d love to know

First,
Head over to the XDA Developers Forum. That’s where all people(both developers and users) gather to describe everything related to ARM on all platforms. One of the nice aspects of this gathering is that you’ll be in direct contact with people who write and provide code. You’ll find most of the topics will be about the mobile OS (like Android, iOS, etc) and on phone platforms, but do a search on the model of your tablet and if that doesn’t return what you need, then search based on the underlying hardware (primarily the ARM CPU version).

The first thing you’ll need to do is root and install a bootloader that supports multiple OS. Sometimes, but not always it will include steps for importing an image for your alternate OS (That may be a separate app). I would guess that if you select your openSUSE image properly, it should boot as well as can be expected considering current ARM development (much of it is upstream and not something a distro like openSUSE would be responsible for).

After you are able to address the bootloader issues on your device, then you can look for the proper openSUSE image, if you have a problem finding the proper image you can post back here again.

You should know that the main problem for ARM development isn’t the kernel itself, it’s support for all the I/O devices in the mobile world, it’s a whole different array of devices not typically seen on PCs/Laptops.

Good Luck,
TSU