opensuse 13.1 logout by itself

on my PC=Dell latitude E6510, RAM=8Gb, GPU=GT218 NVS 3100M, CPU=i7 Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, OS=opensuse 13.1 KDE= 4.13.1
sometimes, suddenly kde logout by itself as if I press ctrl>backspace twice… is it a known bug?? is there a workaround??

manythanks, :slight_smile: ciao :slight_smile: pier

Twice Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is not realy a logout, it kills and restarts X. And the other GUI processes are then also killed. More harsh then a logout. So do you think it is a logout or the same as twice CTRL-ALT-Backspace?

I suppose it is even worst than twice ctrl>alt>backspace becouse applications like firefox and chromium and libreoffice needs a restore when opened again, and if I logout this doesn’t happen, and also a fast black screen with some shell character before login request appear… toofast to read, I will try to remember when happen again, this in 12.3 has never happened.

It seems like X is crashing.
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old should contain a backtrace after you login again.

What graphics driver are you using? Most of the time such a crash is caused by a broken driver.
Try to install the proprietary nvidia driver, or try to reinstall it if it is already installed.

…if it could be useful here is the xorg.0.log.old… SUSE Paste

nvidia drivers from opensuse nvidia repo

ok I will try to reinstall nvidia diver…
I have to use the the nvidia driver in 13.1 becouse the nouveau freeze my laptop after 1 hour of use, …in 12.3 I’m happy with nouveau… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hm, I don’t see a crash in there.
Was this after you have been logged out automatically?

Maybe you set some keyboard shortcut to logout without asking, and this happens when you press that by mistake?
See “Configure Desktop”->“Shortcuts and Gestures”->“Global Shortcuts” (component “KDE Session Management”)
(well, probably not)

Maybe KDE (ksmserver in particular) is crashing then?
Please post this after it happens, but before you login again:

tail ~/.xsession-errors-:0

(maybe copy/rename ~/.xsession-errors-:0 in text mode, to make it easier to post that afterwards.

Maybe this will tell something as well:

tail /var/log/kdm.log