Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to enable bluetooth in opensuse 13.1 - Bluetooth Does't Enable even if i switch on bluetooth

Default Re: How to enable bluetooth in opensuse 13.1 - Bluetooth Does'tEnable even if i switch on bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Well it probably would have the rfcomm one as well as the most
    important one, your driver (in my case that is the ath3k one). It's
    almost as though it's like a software one (kind of like a winmodem)....

If you press a Fn key + the one for the wireless, it doesn't kick into
    life either?
    No, combinations of any Fn key doesn’t enable my bluetooth
    Is rfcomm related to winmodem,

Do i need to load rfcomm,

Can i try any other driver for bluetooth?

If i remember 7-8 years back i tried winmodem for my Ethernet Connection or a modem connection on my redhat loaded IBM laptop, which worked.

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/arch.../msg00811.html

Finally any alternative for my bluetooth device to work on Linux machine, or trace a log and find a working error with my bluetooth.

I wish there should be a separate moderator and a separate category for bluetooth in this forum.

Default Re: How to enable bluetooth in opensuse 13.1 - Bluetooth Does't Enableeven if i switch on bluetooth

On 05/15/2014 02:56 PM, sureshsaragadam wrote:
    >
    > malcolmlewis;2643456 Wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> Well it probably would have the rfcomm one as well as the most
    >> important one, your driver (in my case that is the ath3k one). It's
    >> almost as though it's like a software one (kind of like a winmodem)....
    >>
    >> If you press a Fn key + the one for the wireless, it doesn't kick into
    >> life either?
    >>

>
    > No, combinations of any Fn key doesn’t enable my bluetooth
    > Is rfcomm related to winmodem,
    >
    > Do i need to load rfcomm,
    >
    > Can i try winmodem for bluetooth?
    >
    > If i remember 7-8 years back i tried winmodem for my Ethernet Connection
    > or a modem connection on my redhat loaded IBM laptop, which worked.
    >
    > http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/arch.../msg00811.html
    >
    > Finally any alternative for my bluetooth device to work on Linux
    > machine, or trace a log and find a working error with my bluetooth.
    >
    > I wish there should be a separate moderator and a separate category for
    > *bluetooth* in this forum.

BlueTooth is so closely related to wifi that it really does belong here.

Most BT devices use btusb, or some variant of it. For that driver to work, the
    hardware *needs* to report its device so that the codes that scan the USB bus
    can find it. Your hardware does not do that!!!!!

Until you can tell us how the BT device is connected to the computer, there is
    nothing more we can do. I tried to get you to look at the i2c bus, but you never
    followed up with any info I could use.

I am convinced that your vendor made some local changes to their kernel to get
    BT to work. That code is probably not in general distribution. You need to
    contact them.

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to enable bluetooth in opensuse 13.1 - Bluetooth Does'tEnable even if i switch on bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by sureshsaragadam View Post
    No, combinations of any Fn key doesn’t enable my bluetooth
    Is rfcomm related to winmodem,

Do i need to load rfcomm
    It's part of the BT stack (a protocol required for serial port emulation). Your problem is that the device is not even reported.

If i remember 7-8 years back i tried winmodem for my Ethernet Connection or a modem connection on my redhat loaded IBM laptop, which worked.

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/arch.../msg00811.html
    Modem devices are not ethernet devices, and both completely different to the hardware being discussed here. (However, I had an Agere software modem back in the day, which I did get working with a Linux softmodem driver. I'm glad that type of connectivity is in the distant past.)

Finally any alternative for my bluetooth device to work on Linux machine, or trace a log and find a working error with my bluetooth.

I wish there should be a separate moderator and a separate category for bluetooth in this forum.
    As Larry mentioned at the start of this thread, the device should be present on the USB bus, but no such device is reported. Usually, that is consistent with the device being powered off. Even without a driver, the kernel should report it as being attached to the bus with chipset ID enumerated. FWIW, the webpage I linked to several posts back, was referring to a laptop of the same model, which used an intel chipset ( 8086:0189 Intel Corp).

Default Re: How to enable bluetooth in opensuse 13.1 - Bluetooth Does't Enableeven if i switch on bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by lwfinger View Post

Until you can tell us how the BT device is connected to the computer, there is
    nothing more we can do. I tried to get you to look at the i2c bus, but you never
    followed up with any info I could use.
    from bluetoothctl command output is says no default controller available

Code:
    suresh@linux-fqgm:~> bluetoothctl 
    [bluetooth]# show
    No default controller available
    [bluetooth]#
    I tried to figure out to find i2c bus, i could not find any device path with i2c, can you please let me know to track my device in a series

Code:
    uresh@linux-fqgm:~> /sbin/lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b4)
    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev b4)
    00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
    01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
    can you figure out, may be my bluetooth device is on SMBus i guess, i am not aware of what is what, just a wild guess

Blog Entries

Do you have windows installed on this machine? If so, the device manager can be used to obtain chipset ID for the bluetooth device.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post

As Larry mentioned at the start of this thread, the device should be present on the USB bus, but no such device is reported. Usually, that is consistent with the device being powered off. Even without a driver, the kernel should report it as being attached to the bus with chipset ID enumerated. FWIW, the webpage I linked to several posts back, was referring to a laptop of the same model, which used an intel chipset ( 8086:0189 Intel Corp).
    deano, so you guess my bluetooth should display with chipset when powered on, recently i replaced my screen, does a physical power goes to on board bluetooth device, if so i have to check that my blue tooth is carrying physical power on.

I doubt my rfkill reports that my bluetooth is not blocked both software and hardware way ( by this scenario can i conclude my bluetooth is on)

Regards

Suresh

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Do you have windows installed on this machine? If so, the device manager can be used to obtain chipset ID for the bluetooth device.
    I never seen windows after working with linux, I will soon find the chipset ID of bluetooth device.

Blog Entries

While searching around, I stumbled across 'samsung-tools'

Registered 2010-02-28 by Fortunato Ventre

Tools for Samsung laptops

'Samsung Tools' is the successor of 'Samsung Scripts' provided by the 'Linux On My Samsung' project.
    It enables control in a friendly way of the devices available on Samsung laptops (bluetooth,...
    https://launchpad.net/samsung-tools

I wonder if this utility may be needed to properly control your bluetooth device?

I didn't find an openSUSE 13.1-specific package, but perhaps this 12.3 package may work for you. Worth a shot IMHO

http://software.opensuse.org/downloa...=samsung-tools

If you can properly enable your hardware, it will be reported in the 'lsusb' output.

Blog Entries

If you do install samsung-tools, you'll probably run into a dependency requiring xbindkeys, so install that first. ( X11:Utilities repo)

https://software.opensuse.org/packag...term=xbindkeys

On 05/15/2014 04:16 PM, sureshsaragadam wrote:
    >
    > deano_ferrari;2643473 Wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> As Larry mentioned at the start of this thread, the device should be
    >> present on the USB bus, but no such device is reported. Usually, that is
    >> consistent with the device being powered off. Even without a driver, the
    >> kernel should report it as being attached to the bus with chipset ID
    >> enumerated. FWIW, the webpage I linked to several posts back, was
    >> referring to a laptop of the same model, which used an intel chipset (
    >> 8086:0189 Intel Corp).

>
    > deano, so you guess my bluetooth should display with chipset when
    > powered on, recently i replaced my screen, does a physical power goes to
    > on board bluetooth device, if so i have to check that my blue tooth is
    > carrying physical power on.

Perhaps the BT device was disconnected when you replaced the screen. That would
    explain not seeing with lsusb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast